PDA

View Full Version : Spinnaker Drystacks-Be your own security

white patch
27-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Our boat is kept on the bottom row of the drystacks at Spinnaker Sound Marina. On the 24/3/08 my wife and I arrived to go fishing. On opening the covers I found the following stolen;
2 Shimano tld20 reels on 7ft Grandwave rods
2 Shimano reels on Mackerel rods (brand unknown)
1 Shimano Aernos 3000 reel on a Shimano Backbone BB662 rod.
Any information would be appreciated.
Management told us they had video and the thieves had even climbed up to the second level.
The front of the boatyard has a high fence topped with barbed wire but the other side has a low garden type fence which would deter all thieves up to the age of 8. Management explained that they share the site with aResidential Body Corporate which does not want the place looking like a prison, The were unable to say when this gaping hole in security could be fixed.
Although the thefts occurred on 1/3/08 - more than three weeks before I discovered mine, management did not contact owners.
Up to the 25/3/08 they had not forwarded the video to the police.
Lessons: Ensure insurance covers accessories without excess
Remove all valuables from boat.
Engrave all non-removables
Rely on your own security.

jimbo59
27-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Thats disgusting i would pull my boat outta there quik smart,managment obviously didnt want to rock the boat by informing owners of the thefts,how gutless.

Kleyny
27-03-2008, 09:01 AM
and how much money do you pay these fools
thats just plane cruel

neil

trev1
27-03-2008, 01:33 PM
As if the thieves need any more of a hand in their mugs game. The police will doubtless do very little and the boat storage weren't interested in handing over any info to you or the cops. The world is sick. The boat storage companies insurance should be the ones who cough up, that way the increased insurance costs will be delivered to the ones who deserve it.
Of course this changes things if they are trying to cover something up?? ( the drydock that is( inside job??))

northernblue
28-03-2008, 06:13 PM
It certainly seems pretty ordinary, and sadly there are not a lot of options to spinnaker sound on the sunny coast.
There is a trailerboat yard at Mooloolabar spit, and the price is resonable.

choppa
29-03-2008, 11:22 AM
when i had the bbq boat,,, i was quoted around 2 grand for a wet dock,,,, and yep even tho the access to the ramps to get on your boat is lock and key style job,,,, the thieves still have there way,,,,,

lost count of how many aux motors have gone astray outta there,,

choppa