PDA

View Full Version : Another Gone

jimbo59
26-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Just got a email from auctioneers apparantly westside marine have gone belly-up,wow its just dos'nt seam to stop.:-/

Noelm
27-03-2008, 08:46 AM
tough times out there, unless you do it better, or, have a very unique product, then more will perish, due to higher living costs, rising fuel costs, rising wages, Internet sales and shopping, Overseas purchases a whole host of things, it all adds up to a rather lean Winter for the Boating/Fishing retailers I think.

reidy
27-03-2008, 01:04 PM
yeh hard times ahead.Ive heard that around 20% of the local tackle business has been lost to the bay which starts with E. If true that cant be a good thing
Cheers
Reidy

Shagga
27-03-2008, 03:38 PM
The problem is with the rising cost of day to day living our favourite past time is becoming a luxury for many people.

ElectricBasser
30-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Jimbo,
Can I ask which auction house? Whilst it is unfortunate that Westside as gone "belly up" (if it is indeed true), having recently purchased another tinny, I'm looking for lots of little bits to make it better.

To take advantage of someone elses misfortune may seem harsh, but...
A: That's business, and
B: Better to get a bargain at the auction before the "vultures" get it (cheap enough), and then put it on Ebay for profit (but that's business too, I suppose!).
Regards.

sleddog
31-03-2008, 11:47 AM
The company is Marine Auctions and the auction is to be on 3rd April at 10.00am

www.marineauctions.com.au (http://www.marineauctions.com.au)

There is an advertisement on page 121 of the latest trailerboat magazine (Mar 26 - Apr 22).

ElectricBasser
31-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks Sleddog, Much appreciated.

ausandy
31-03-2008, 06:05 PM
hey guys, i heard down here in melb, that the owner of westside was near retirement age when he purchased the business. things are tough all over. maybe just a bit too hard. .............andy