PDA

View Full Version : old macks farm and trout fishery

shane 234
26-03-2008, 04:44 PM
hi guys,
me and my family are traveling to tasmania for the holidays and we plan to fish at old macks farm and fishery witch is a lake stocked with rainbow trout. i was wondering has anyone fished it before and if so how good to you rate it. also wat lures should i use with a spin outfit?
cheers,
shane.

reidy
27-03-2008, 12:17 PM
hi guys,
me and my family are traveling to tasmania for the holidays and we plan to fish at old macks farm and fishery witch is a lake stocked with rainbow trout. i was wondering has anyone fished it before and if so how good to you rate it. also wat lures should i use with a spin outfit?
cheers,
shane.
Mate dont waste your money costs a heap and you pay around $20.00 a kg for any fish you wish to keep.
There are a number of lakes/rivers around launceston that you could fish on a day lic/3 day lic..
Try the maquarie river,Both the north and south esk rivers all with-in 30 min of Launie,Brumbies creek at Cressy is around an hour south,Curries river dam is 30min north, but proberly the best water around the Launie area would be Four Springs which is around 35 min west (Back of Bridgenorth).
Small trout pattern rapalas,green and gold or red/ black/gold cobra or devon style lures will work well in any of the lakes and dams.Give a small green/black or red/black celta a crack in the rivers/creeks.
There are a number of highland lakes with-in 2 hours of Launceston eg Arthurs.Woods,Great that any fishing trip to Tassie should include.
If you wished to fish a trout farm maybe Launceston Lakes would be a better option (much more professional)
If you need any more info please feel free to pm me.
Cheers
Reidy (Georgetown Northern Tassie):)