PDA

View Full Version : New server - back online

Ausfish
25-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Sorry for being off line for a while today. Changed over to a new server and had to take the forum off line so that posts were not lost during the change over. Moved 58 domains and about 10 Gig of data so it did take a while.

You should notice that the server is now a lot faster.

sleepygreg
26-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks Steve, i thought it was computer for a while there!!!!

I hope this is the ducks guts for all us Ausfishers.

Cheers

Greg

CreelReaper
26-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Awesome job Steve....well done. And there is no need to apologise mate.

Cheers

TheRealAndy
26-03-2008, 06:35 AM
I can notice the speed difference, excellent work.

MarkDiver
26-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Steve
Do the 'for sale' items get posted an additional day for the break in advertisement? Time is money.

Mark

PS Thanks for the server upgrade, it IS better! ;D

Simmo2
26-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Excellent work!

Lucky_Phill
26-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Jeez Steve..........

I had Optus try to " switch me over to Optus Direct " last Thursday and this was to take 15 minutes. Loss of phone and internet.

121 hours later I get the internet back. So I log onto Ausfish yesterday and get the " sorry " message aarrgghhhhhh !!!! Just been going through withdrawls......;D

As stated, no need to apologize.

Phill

Kleyny
26-03-2008, 07:36 AM
;D Because there was no Ausfish i had to do house work;D

neil

bdowdy
26-03-2008, 08:06 AM
i had withdrawls, any thing to make ausfish better but is all good, cheers bdowdy..brett

Little grey men
26-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Got a bit nervous there for a bit....thank god I had my other addiction to keep me going for the day.....Sweetwater Fishing.:)

philpy
26-03-2008, 10:43 AM
thanks alot i had to spend the day with the missus

eagle1
26-03-2008, 10:52 AM
i went back to bed

deathstar 3
26-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Top job! Can defiantly notice the difference in load times.

Cheers John

woodsy76
26-03-2008, 05:55 PM
job well done well worth the wait .woodsy

fish-n-dive
26-03-2008, 06:25 PM
First and foremost, thanks for all your efforts to supply a quality service...........now for the bad news..........it isn't any faster for my connection..........just an observation for your input.........not a criticism............

TonyM
26-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks Steve - new server is much faster

Poodroo
26-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Well done Steve. I am finding it quicker but have noticed a lot more pages not loading with the message "Cannot find server!" All I do is hit refresh and it normally loads up straight away second time.

Regards,

Poodroo

bluefin59
26-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Heaps better for me now thanks ..matt

Dirtysanchez
27-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes, its great, thank you for that.
Unfortunately though, the down time forced me into odd jobs around the house, and being I am out of practice with that sort of thing, :-[

1) Went to trim the gate frame with the angle grinder, grinder jumped out of my hand and nearly chopped off my left index finger :o

2) Decided to play with boat.. trying to push an old bit of wiring out of the gunwhale, screwdriver flies free, spears me in the right index finger :angryfire:

Yeah yeah a DIY dunderhead, thats me, but I will have a go!!
Got the fish finder in though.. but I believe it is supposed to be fish blood to christen the boat, not my own :( ?

Kleyny
27-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Ds sounds like you need to wear your filleting gloves when your doing your odd jobs.

neil

Shagga
27-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Steve,

Any reason why there is only 18 members currently online? I have just had a phone call from another member asking if I could log on and as you can see I can. Is there a problem or any advice for me to pass on.

Regards

Gary.

Ausfish
28-03-2008, 07:42 AM
That would most likely be to the DNS being updated. Depending on when your ISP updates the DNS. You would have been on the old server and they would have been on the new server.

Looks like the problems with the move are sorted. I hope.

whiting-wizard
28-03-2008, 07:56 AM
thanks mate its alot faster:D

4x4frog
28-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Jeez Steve..........

I had Optus try to " switch me over to Optus Direct " last Thursday and this was to take 15 minutes. Loss of phone and internet.

121 hours later I get the internet back. So I log onto Ausfish yesterday and get the " sorry " message aarrgghhhhhh !!!! Just been going through withdrawls......;D

As stated, no need to apologize.

Phill
Great work Steve, congratulations.

pretty much the same here Phil, spent from Wednesday last week until late Tuesday touring around NSW/ACT for a national Renault Rendezvous and finally get the chance to log into ausfish and see the server down message:'(
All's well now though, had hassles this morning again, around 6:30 for a little while, seemed to have gone down again Steve?

TheRealAndy
28-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Still getting errors. Sounds like you need the services of an expert software engineer ;D;D;D;D or you need MS SQL Server!

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/function.mysql-query)]: Unable to save result set in /includes/class_core.php on line 363
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/image.php?type=dberror Database error The Ausfish Australian Fishing Forums database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121660&page=8#) button in your web browser.
Open the www.ausfish.com.au (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../) home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back (javascript:history.back(1)) button to try another link. The www.ausfish.com.au forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them ("") if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

Ausfish
28-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Looks like the problems with the move are sorted. I hope.

Misquote of the year :D