PDA

View Full Version : best bass baitcaster

sporty1
23-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi GUYS

I use a shimano cronarch 100 and calcutta 50 with between 6-8 lb braid. I am looking for a new baitcaster rod to use with the above reels when tossing lures, spinnerbaits and plastics at Maroon dam, and tossing plastics at the Pin and Gold Coast. I like my baitcasters a little longer so I am considering a Egrell B4-7 are there other choices?

NAGG
23-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi GUYS

I use a shimano cronarch 100 and calcutta 50 with between 6-8 lb braid. I am looking for a new baitcaster rod to use with the above reels when tossing lures, spinnerbaits and plastics at Maroon dam, and tossing plastics at the Pin and Gold Coast. I like my baitcasters a little longer so I am considering a Egrell B4-7 are there other choices?

Lots of choices ...... It will just depend on how much you want to spend! ....... No doubt Erics rods should be looked at.

I'm using a Loomis SBR752 spinnerbait rod ( 6'3" & rated 10-17lb) ...... Its a particularly light rod with an extra fast action ( I was using it with a Chronarch 100 SF ... & now a Steez8-) 8-) 8-) ultra ultra light outfit

Nagg

Brad Clark
23-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey Sporty

There are a heap of baitcasters out there but you can't go wrong with an Egrell rod. I think you are on the right track. Have you spoken to Eric to discuss the right rod for your needs. I personally would not use the same rod to cast spinnerbaits and plastics. (Unless the plastics are on a heavy jig head.) Eric would be able to advise you on that though.

Regards

Brad

alphas
26-03-2008, 09:10 AM
the b4-7 is a beautiful rod,owned mine for 4 months now.highly recommended.i have a little trouble casting small spinners,as brad alluded to,although this is the first 7foot baitcaster rod i have owned.previously had 6footers.prolly user error more than anything else!!heaps of feedback when loaded up,trolls well too.just couldnt go past this rod,price has been justified by performance.

black_sheep
27-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Highly recommend an Egrell. As some of the boys have mentioned, give him a call for the best advice.

hairypunt
04-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Gday sporty,
I recomend a megabass destroyer these rods are the finest in japenese technoligy they are awesome but pricey. check em out on www.megabass.com (http://www.megabass.com).

cheers kyle.