PDA

View Full Version : 580 formosa deluxe cuddy cab

Skusto
23-03-2008, 12:47 PM
hey all i have been reading through the other topics on these boats were in the market for a boat around this size. just wondering if u guys could give me some insight on how well these boats handle outside moreton if any one has any also if these boats have a welded floor. and how they setup there kill tanks these boats seam to be the best value for money atm. any insight is greatly appreciated thank you. also sorry if the 115 etec would be suffecient power for this boat. have tried looking for the specs but cant seam to find much about them.

notsa
23-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I have not got one mate but I think the 115 E-TEC would under powered for sure.

Mark-P
24-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I have not got one mate but I think the 115 E-TEC would under powered for sure.

I would agree on the power, had a 560 quinnie with a 115 4st ..... It was fine most of the time, but crossing south passage it lacked power when needed the most !!!

Mark

tuna boy
24-03-2008, 11:03 AM
hi skusto.i just bought the formosa 550c/c witch i have powered with a 115 4 stroke suzuki.had our first trip out to wide caloundra a couple of days ago,conditions were not nice at times but the formosa handled them very well.(better than we expected)the floor in mine is oil sealed marine ply.....as for the 115 i found it to have plentty of get up and go when you needed it..the 580,maybe you could look at going the next size up....hope i have been some help........go the formosa......cheers johnno

Skusto
24-03-2008, 11:13 AM
cheers alot for the info its good to see that u are happy with the way it handled out at wide coulondra. sounds like the seam to be a good boat for the money. we thought it would be underpowered with the 115 e tec so mite have a look at puttin a 140 suziki 4st.

Skusto
24-03-2008, 01:03 PM
well we went and had a look at them today. about 46k for everything we want the seam to be a nice boat for teh price. the only other thing is that we have also been looking at makocraft boats has any one been in these boats they seam to look like a nice boat for the money as well but havent really heard of to many ppl owning them?

tuna boy
24-03-2008, 01:13 PM
in my oppinion the 140 would give you all the power you needed plus a little bit more for the times you have xtra weight in the boat....found the formosa very stable when at rest,and the 700mm high(inetrnal)sides great for leaning on when bottom bashing,as mark who i fish with is 6-3tall......

skipalong
24-03-2008, 01:30 PM
i have 140 suzuki on 6.4 and still hauls along a bet it will get your boat to boggie.

LINZ_74
24-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey Skusto, i too have the Formosa 550 centre console with a 115 e-tec and personally i think the suzuki 140 would be a good match for the 580.

Lindsay

Skusto
24-03-2008, 09:28 PM
thanks for the info guys yeah looks like we will be goin the 140, should power it nicely, just wish the fuel tanks in these boats were 200l no tthe 150,

mirage
25-03-2008, 07:50 AM
With 150 litres and the suzuki at cruise power of about 4000rpm you should have a safe range of at least 170Nm, with about 30 Nm in reserve. Assuming no major throttle bashing. That should be plenty of range to get you out amongst it and back.
Enjoy.

Mrs Ronnie H
26-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi
Think my brother has just been bragging about his new Formosa. We are buying a 520 ( forward controls) with 90 hp suzuki four stroke. I am in love with these boats and can't wait for Bro to take me out fishin before we get ours.

Actually called into the Servo yesterday on my way to work as i saw a guy fuelling up a 550. Asked him what he thought and said he couldn't fault it. Had a 4 stroke 115 suzuki on back also. I asked him how he thought it handled and his answer was "I only ever seem to go out in the rough and its fantastic:

We went down the coast last week and spent over two hours just sitting in one, talking to the boat yard owner about them. I am totally wrapped in the 700 sides, their strength and workmanship. You can also have your choice or not of options and upgrade to whatever you need.
Like i said as soon as we get rid of the present boat we are buying one.

Go to the Formosa page on Google and you will find lots on them and local dealers.

Ronnie

levinge
26-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the comments Ronnie, I have a 5.8 on order through the dealer at Mission Beach and from all that I have heard on these forums, its going to be one hell of a rig.

Anyone who owns a Formosa can feel part of a special group IMO. We are getting in before they take off and our rigs can only increase in value and the price/demand factor takes over.

Hopefully these boats will retain their current values as they are the next generation in getting fisho's on the water at a reasonable price.

Go the Formosa - 8 weeks and counting till I get mine

seamaid
26-03-2008, 11:04 PM
:D
hi skusto.i just bought the formosa 550c/c witch i have powered with a 115 4 stroke suzuki.had our first trip out to wide caloundra a couple of days ago,conditions were not nice at times but the formosa handled them very well.(better than we expected)the floor in mine is oil sealed marine ply.....as for the 115 i found it to have plentty of get up and go when you needed it..the 580,maybe you could look at going the next size up....hope i have been some help........go the formosa......cheers johnno
:D HI
TUNA BOY & LINZ 74 REQUEST PICS TO HAVE A LOOK THE FORMOSA
THANKS GED

LINZ_74
27-03-2008, 03:30 AM
G'day seamaid, piccy's as requested mate. Pictures show the boat with a bimini but will be having a t-top made very shortly.

Lindsay