PDA

View Full Version : Graphite Rod in car

chief 1
21-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Haven't used my knew rod yet luckily,we usually fold down one of the back seats and put our rods through there,but hearing how fragile graphite rods are,what is a good way to put it in that way,any info appreciated

MY-TopEnder
21-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I use a piece of PVC Pipe in the wagon and just take the reels off and slide the rods down into the tube that way.

chief 1
21-03-2008, 09:53 PM
thanks MY-TopEnder,i'm using lures with a mono leader,so after each fish i will have to cut off a bit of my leader but that doesn't matter,i'd rather waste leader than have a broken rod,Does the rod bang up against the PVC pipe?

haybii
21-03-2008, 10:05 PM
mmm what rod do you actually got?

chief 1
21-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I have some Copper pro rod

trueblue
21-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Use suction cap rod holders on the roof of the car. Brilliant units.

chief 1
21-03-2008, 10:24 PM
where can you get them,i will probably go to BCF

NAGG
22-03-2008, 08:50 AM
thanks MY-TopEnder,i'm using lures with a mono leader,so after each fish i will have to cut off a bit of my leader but that doesn't matter,i'd rather waste leader than have a broken rod,Does the rod bang up against the PVC pipe?

Many rods these days come with a rod bag ..... put it on & slide it into the PVC pipe! ...... You dont want to even have rods banging against each other !
After snapping the tip off a Millerod ( never used) ..... I try not to place a light full length rod in the car with out protection ( Travel tube)

Nagg

Marlin_Mike
22-03-2008, 06:04 PM
chief,

I have several cardboard tubes i had rods delievred in. you are welcome to one if you want. what l;ength is it? PM me if you want one

Mike

chief 1
23-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Nagg,i have a rod bag but i will have to take off my reel won't i,or do you think you could put the rod bag on until the reel?

CHEERS

Tetsuo
26-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Does anyone on here know anyone who can sew? There would be a good market for someone to make custom rod bags. My daiwa steez came with a great bag with thicker material. It has a zipper at the bottom with a slot high enough to leave the reel on, so I can have it rigged with rod and reel protected.

Unfortunately my Egrells didn't come with covers, and I'm sure many other rods dont either, so it would be great if someone could make them or get them made.

Any ideas?

jayvee
26-03-2008, 03:58 PM
i'll get onto mum bout sewin these custom rod bags and head to the markets... you beuty ill make a million buck's :)

chief 1
26-03-2008, 05:37 PM
cheers everyone,well if the tip snaps it snaps,hopefully tackle world are pretty cheap if it does snap

Tetsuo
26-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Chief, if you are careful you shouldn't have any trouble. Like NAGG said, try and keep the rods seperate. The vibration of the car can wear the coating of the rods if they rub, it will only affect the looks. You could try putting socks over the ends then hold them together with rubber bands or hair ties.

chief 1
26-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Cheers Tetsuo,i could try that out,i just took off my reel and put the rod bag on it and put the reel back on it when i go fishing but i might put it back on now,once again cheers