PDA

View Full Version : Single pack paint on fibreglass

johnnytheone
21-03-2008, 07:21 PM
G'Day All,
As if I haven't enough to do, I've just bought myself an old Glasscraft 23 footer, which I'm converting to a centre console. They're are still one of the best deep V's ever built, with a very fine entry; just the ticket for the bloody awful steep chop we get here in Perth all the time. Anyway, I'm on a bit of a budget (who isn't) and I'm giving some thought to spray the hull with a single pack rather than two. I know the two pack is harder and all that - can anyone tell me of successes, or failures, with a quality one pack. Thanks, John

Roughasguts
21-03-2008, 10:51 PM
As long as you keep the colour the same and not paint red over a white hull then it won't show the chips straight away.

Funny how you see that all the time, looks bloody awful after a week.

baitwaster
22-03-2008, 07:06 AM
I can't really help you, but my mate sprays boats for a living, I'll have a chat to him today and get back to you.

zaraspook
24-03-2008, 09:22 AM
the problem with single packs is with acrylic it takes a hell of alot more work to get a reasonable job and enamel will probably fade quite quickly. acrylic will work but will stay soft indefinately. i guess if it is just a tidy up u want they will be ok but 2k would be highly recommended. u can get cheap 2k which not really good will be better than 1k. concept have a 600 line for about $150 for a 5lt kit.

Seahorse
24-03-2008, 09:32 AM
2 pac only way to go.