PDA

View Full Version : 5 Stud tyres to 6 stud 4x4 tyres (Hard)?

fish-n-dive
21-03-2008, 06:53 PM
I want to change the tyres on the Dory trailer from 5 stud Holden/Ford tyres to 6 stud 31x10.5 tyres on super trek 7" rims. Is this difficult? What do I need to do to do it.........details please............8-)

Kleyny
21-03-2008, 07:27 PM
you can buy the 6 stud hubs from places like supercheap and some bearing shops.
the just need to raise your suspension. you can do this by blocks or swap the srings to be on top if they are under neath

neil

Kleyny
21-03-2008, 07:30 PM
something i forgot to mention you may need to get the right offset rims so they dont rub on the chassis.

turtleshead
21-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Ijust did this to my work trailor , auto pro sold me the gear , cost bout $120 i think for hubs and bearings, had to change the axle to under the hangers.

Ally Jack
21-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Fish,

I was at supacheap today looking at these for the box trailer. I'm sure the hubs were $60 each and come with bearings and the seal.

Ally Jack

SunnyCoastMark
22-03-2008, 07:27 AM
F & D There is a bit more to it than you may think.

1) Generally you will find your mudguards will be too small - both in width and length. - To overcome this you may be able to put your axle under the springs (if it is not already - Unfortunately this will increase your ride height substantially - especially when combined with the larger wheels - you may find it more difficult to launch/retrieve.

2) What size axle do you have on ATM? - If it is not at least 45mm (round or square) You may have to buy an new axle to suit the ford slimline bearings.

3) You need to check the wheel offset as well otherwise it may be to far out or in.

Hope that helps,
Mark