PDA

View Full Version : courier mail today

countbaysea
20-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Greens in form on Bay Proposals
Brian WIlliams (Environment Reporter)

I hope everyone reads it pg 30. I cant find it on the courier mail website to comment.

Basicaly says 8000 submissions recieved, 4500 responded to at least %30 not
%15 protection in the bay.
1500 wanted at least %15 and 2000 expressed a range of views.
The dept also recieved 300 emails, 250 letters and 1300 calls on the matter.

From Mc Namara "I am hearing loud and clear that people support the idea of green zones to protect Moreton bays marine park. It is the location that people have differing views".

And it goes on.

ta
shane

Horse
20-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Read into it a bit more
8000 responses
70% were form letters
As far as I know the anti green zone groups did not produce any form letters
This implies only 30% of the respondents cared or knew enough about the issue to make valid comments. In a complex issue such as this I find it hard to rate a pro forma response with an individual submission commenting on specific areas or concerns.
Looks like the rec fishos have been shafted by the green machine pumping numbers by recruiting those who do not know enough about the issues to make an educated response and basically said "yes" when asked if they wanted to save the Dugongs and Turtles in the Bay.

Neil>:(

Mike Delisser
20-03-2008, 08:59 PM
How do you know from the info above that 70% of the responses were on form letters Niel? or was it mentioned in the paper today?
Mike

P.S. sorry Neil I missread your post and editted just after your reply.

Horse
20-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I doubt that they would be naive enough to count signatures on a petition as individual responses. Then again this is the EPA

Luc
23-03-2008, 12:12 AM
IMO, the EPA will take whatever stance supports their prefered action.

Green lobby form letters will be accepted, non green lobby form letters will be denounced as such.

Luc