PDA

View Full Version : Mooloola River Bar - Mooloolaba !!!

Spectre
20-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Easter boaties please note this bar is in very poor condition atm.....with a break nearly right across the mouth.
It is very shallow ....esp at low tide....with less than 1 metre at low tide in some places, with a number of bigger boats grounding out.
There are buoys marking the safest route...however if in doubt have a chat to the local Coast Guard lads.

Local Ausfishers will no doubt be able to add more info.

Have a safe Easter.

Cheers
Phil

BLOOEY
20-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks Phil, Have you seen any surface action out there lately? Ben

bustastu
20-03-2008, 06:27 PM
What's it going to take to get them do dredge it, a major accident or even worse. Obviously the odd complaint here and there and word of mouth isn't going to fix it as per the article in today's Sunshine Coast Daily.

They buggered up La Balsa Park adding all that sand and now the mouth is the worst I've seen it. Hopefully the new 'super council' might take a good hard look at it and fix it.

BS

BLOOEY
20-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Not so many gar hanging around that area since they put in the beach. Used to be a top spot to stock up on primo baits. It always seems to take a while for them to get their act into gear. If enough damage happens to the longliners and trawlers i'm sure it will happen. Ben

gunna
20-03-2008, 07:50 PM
I watched a trawler come back in the other day. The water was too rough between the beacons so he came between the wrong side of the starboard mark and the end of the breakwall. Only missed the breakwall by about 2 metres !!!

skipalong
22-03-2008, 09:13 PM
its not the best at the moment to much sand from the recent weather

Mr__Bean
27-03-2008, 10:27 AM
We went out through the entrance at about 7am yesterday and came back in about 3.30pm, both of these were around the bottom of the tide.

On the way out we head straight out and were met by a few near breaking waves, wasn't really what I was planning on but we crossed them without much risk or incident.

On the way back in I got a good view of the new approach marker buoys, these were not noticed on the way out.

When heading out of the entrance you must now take a hard left turn (90 degrees) to avoid the sand bar, there are red and green marker buoys identifying the deeper water.

- Darren