PDA

View Full Version : Flathead Recipe

Bricey74
20-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Got some fresh flathead fillets for good friday, does anyone know a great way to cook them?

Joe-90
20-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Pop some day old bread and some fresh parmesan cheese into a food processor or blender with some chopped flat leaf parsley and give it a blitz. I use two thirds bread to one third parmesan. This becomes your crumb mix. Try to use real bread as it really is vastly better than the packet stuff. Use it once and you won't go back. You can even experiment with different types of bread.
Dip your fillets into a beaten egg ( you can add a touch of milk if you like), then into the crumbs.
Cook over medium-low heat in a fry pan using OLIVE OIL, until golden.

This recipe is not too hard, but the old adage of cooking fresh food simply,has a lot of merit. Depending on the size of your fillets they should only take 2-3 minutes a side. I can guarantee you the smell of the crumbs and parmesan slowly cooking with the fish will have you salivating before the fish gets anywhere near the table.

This is a standby recipe for crumbing any fish, but if you would like something more fancy or elaborate, let me know as I have hundreds of recipes.
Joe-90

Bricey74
20-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks joe. This one will do for a start, will sound you out for something a little more elaborate next time!

fish-n-dive
20-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I have always found Flathead to be a very strong flavored fish.........probably batter made with ice cold soda water and deep fry...........lightly salted with genuine sea salt...........

sleepygreg
20-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Flathead tail fillets done in a light tempura batter, accompanied by chips done in the same batter, with a side salad............bottle of sauv blanc......over looking the water at sunset.......................................which way was Heaven?????????

Greg