1-2 eels, total weight about 800 g (1 3/4 lb), skinned
3 - 6 tbsp (25 - 50 g) plain flour
salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup (50 g) fresh white breadcrumbs
oil for shallow frying
fried parsley or whole capers to garnish

Method
1. Gut wash and dry the eels. Cut into 5 cm (2 inch) pieces. Spread out the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper.

2. Put the beaten egg in a second bowl and the breadcrumbs on a sheet of foil. Coat the pieces of eel in flour, then in egg, and finally in breadcrumbs.

3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the eels and fry for 15 - 20 minutes or until brown. Drain well on absorbent kitchen paper, pile on a warmed serving dish and garnish with fried parsley or capers.

4. Serve at once.

Serves 5 - 6

NB: Tastes fishy but not yucky..........I haven't tried other sea eels but it should work with any big one.

Defiantly worth a try................8-)

Noelm
20-03-2008, 12:43 PM
I reckon that about the only time I would fry an Eel is if it hit the Sun when I threw it to the sh!thouse, not too fond of eels of any variety, Conger, Green, River or any other type! there is some huge ones in the Water at the back of my place, buggered if I would bother catching any though.

fish-n-dive
20-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I reckon that about the only time I would fry an Eel is if it hit the Sun when I threw it to the sh!thouse, not too fond of eels of any variety, Conger, Green, River or any other type! there is some huge ones in the Water at the back of my place, buggered if I would bother catching any though.

LOL........I hear what your saying!!! But hey, if you caught one as a bycatch, it might be worth trying the recipe...........LOL throwing it into the sun.......now wheres that LMAO icon..........;D