PDA

View Full Version : 15hp Evinrude 4 Stroke Problems

pursuit001
19-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi Guys I Have A 1999 Model 15hp Evinrude 4 Banger Which Is Running Like A Hairy Goat Runs Great When First Started Then Goes To Poop Once It Warms Up I Had Preivsouly Wet The Engine Cleaning Cleaning It Down So I Spoke To My Mecanic And He Said May Have Got Water In The Carby Ok So I Pull Carbie Down Clean Her All Out With Carbie Cleaner Put It All Back To Gether And Still The Same Tryied Spraying Carbie Cleaner Down It While Running Still No Change So Pulled All Electrical Connections Apart And Blew Out With Air Thinking There May Be Water There Somewhere Still No Go Im Just Starting To Wonder If Its A Plug Breaking Down Once It Warms Up Your Thoughts Welcome .
Cheers Pursuit :-/

robersl
19-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I Had The Oppersirte Problem Ran Rough When Cold After 5-10 Minutes Warmed Up Changed Plugs It Now Purrs

Shane

Spaniard_King
19-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a carby issue ..is it like idling bad after it comes off the choke??

if your bot familiar with that particular carby I recon you may have missed something...very small ports in a 15 carby. Also are the tappets adjusted.. takes care of another issue :)

Noelm
20-03-2008, 07:07 AM
OK, lets start with the very simple things, which is ALWAYS the best place to start, have you at least had the plugs out and had a look to see if they are Both the same?? (I guess it is a twin cylinder) if one is odd, then you may have a dud/wet/breaking down coil, at the very least, plugs are cheap, so replace them anyway! after that, get back to us and we can proceed further.