PDA

View Full Version : FREE Log in and out over Easter

QF3 MROCP
18-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi ALL....

If you're going out each day or staying out over the weekend, please remember to log yourselves in and out with the local Coast Guard or VMR - it's free and is the best way to have someone looking out for you.

If you stay out over night, give the Limited Coast Station (tech talk for CG & VMR) a call in the morning to let them know all is OK and what your intentions are for the day - maybe the weather has changed and you're moving on or coming back to the ramp earlier than planned.

Remember 6P's - Proper Planning Prevents Poor Phishing Performance.

That includes boat & radio check, safety equipment, fuel lines, battery charged!!

Peter

BaitThrower
18-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Good advice mate. Tell me, does the VMR have all their member information linked? i.e. if I am a vic point VMR member and I log onto, say, Jacobs Well VMR, using my vic point VMR callsign, will they have access to my VMR registered info? Or in other words, should I use my Vic Point assigned callsign/number at any other VMR station?

QF3 MROCP
19-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Good advice mate. Tell me, does the VMR have all their member information linked? i.e. if I am a vic point VMR member and I log onto, say, Jacobs Well VMR, using my vic point VMR callsign, will they have access to my VMR registered info? Or in other words, should I use my Vic Point assigned callsign/number at any other VMR station?

Good question: The VMR's or CG's generally operate independent re membership details, however there may be some one to one arrangement. Speaking from QF3, we don't have access to the info, however you could use your callsign the way you feel comfortable with it. We would still want a boat rego as it is registered with water police via queensland transport computer should we need to activate a search because of overdue log out.... None of the VMR's have access to that info direct.

Just remember VMR's operate different radio watch hours, hence your home base may be closed when the other needs the info.

What would I do? When in your local area, use your member callsign, (it reduces radio time), outside the region - use the member call sign / boat name and rego number.

Peter

TheRealAndy
19-03-2008, 08:30 PM
All VMR's should work together, but i think you can blame Brisbane (shorncliffe, my club) and Southport for that not happening. A few pig headed management wankers refused to co-operate. Shame really, cause it could operate similar to RACQ and i think it would be quite successful.

datamile
19-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Always shocked by the login rates. Normally you can count it on 1 hand at vicky point at the weekend, and bay is not a kind place when it turns nasty.

If I rip the engine off the back , or smack into a log, I'd like someone to know to look for me, and for what they should be looking for.

mik01
19-03-2008, 09:53 PM
yeah great and timely advice Peter. planning a fishing trip early this Friday and just got back in from the garage checking things over.
sadly on a busy weekend such as this there will be a few incidents mainly due to poor planning or total lack of. at the very least everyone should log on and off - I always do.
I wish you all a safe and happy Easter weekend out on the water fellow Ausfishers...