PDA

View Full Version : 233 edencraft

pilchardjones
18-03-2008, 01:30 PM
no don't worry it is not the start of the great debate again.

leos marine in townsville has a new 233 in at the moment. fitted with a suzuki 300. its the new engine well configuration.

i have driven past it a few times and finally yesterday decided to pop in and have a look at the finish to see myself how good (or bad) it was.
i am a pretty fastidious boat owner and i though it looked pretty good in my 10 minute inspection. the sides all looked clean and fair with no woofs. it looked very nice to me. i would park it in my garage and be proud any day. if this is the finish they can produce on the average boat then i would be happy putting my money down if i was in the market for that style boat.

i know that doesn't help majic, and is really not even related to his problem, but thats what i observed on one of the very few edencrafts i have seen in the flesh. we don't get too many in NQ.

steve

Spaniard_King
18-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Steve,

Solid boat arn't they :)

pilchardjones
18-03-2008, 02:14 PM
yes sure looked to be.
i had an immaculate haines 19R for many years and the edencraft seemed to be of similar finish on the outside, but a modern touch to the inside, with much better transom layout.
obviously they are also very solid and seaworthy. a mate of mine is an ab diver down in mallacoota. he has just sold his 565 edencraft with twin 115 4s yammies, and got a 233 edencraft with twin 225 4s yammies i think. he loves it.
steve

hungry6
18-03-2008, 02:54 PM
I personally never been in one of these offshore and would be very keen for anyone with one to stick me in on a trip, of course I would pay all shares due or a return trip in my boat.
I just want to know myself if these do live up to the reputations they have.
cheers
wayne.