PDA

View Full Version : Another Tackle Shop for Sale

Rodman
16-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I see in Sat paper that the Beenleigh bait and tackle is up for sale.
I an wondering if a BCF is going into the area?:'(
There is also a marine and tackle shop in toowoomba is also up for sale hopefully there is no large tackle store (B..) is going into that area?:'(

Hopefully the small tackle stor e will not go as where would we be able to buy reel parts?

Ken8-)

Nic
16-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm optimistic... surely there will always be the savvy ones like Tackle Warehouse, the convenient ones near ramps that open early, and the ones that join buying groups like Tackle World to get bulk buy discounts? Still, it seems the days of buying a tackle store purely as a lifestyle choice might be over. :\

Sandman
16-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Just on the subject what happened to tackle world on wynum rd? i went there yesterday to another shop and noticed it was gone!!!

Pistol_P
16-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Sadly the days of the small local tackle shops are nearing an end in my opinion.

Unless you are part of a big buying group like 'Tackleworld', 'BCF' , Complete angler etc etc......The shops struggle to compete with the big boys.

I know of one local tackle shop on the Sunnie Coast that Shimano and Daiwa dont even want to deal with as they are just too small.
The small shops just lack the buying power the bigger mobs have.

Not to mention the amount of fishing gear that is being purchased online these days as well.

It is a shame and the days of really good service and information seem to be hard to find.Mind you there still are some very good ones around and you just have to pick smartly on where to shop.

Pete

Horse
16-03-2008, 06:08 PM
This run of bad weather cannot be helping the cash flow for these guys. I would not be suprised to see a few more go to the wall before the end of the year.

Pistol_P
16-03-2008, 06:19 PM
This run of bad weather cannot be helping the cash flow for these guys. I would not be suprised to see a few more go to the wall before the end of the year.

Not wrong Horse....Some rely heavily on bait sales....and with the last three months of weather they must really be stressing.:-/

Pete

anthonyc
16-03-2008, 07:39 PM
The Beenleigh store has also had to put up with months of roadworks being done right out front of his store, which made it difficult to get to. All done now, so hopefully business may improve. Nearest BCF to us is at Logan Hyperdome.