PDA

View Full Version : Future Formosa 5.8M Centre Cab Owner

levinge
14-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Soon to be ordering the Big Boat. This is the package that will be put together for me. Approx 10 weeks and its offshore fishing here I come. Big step up from my little 4M side console. Paying a nice tidy price for all below

Formosa 5.8M Centre Cab - Mirror Black Hull
135hp Honda 4 Stroke

Extras
6 X Rod holders
2 x 12volt outlets onboard
3 x LED Deck Lights
2 x Seat Boxes/Seats
3/4 fold down rear lounge
Baitboard with rod holders
Transom Door and diving ladder
Kill Tank
Targa Bar and rocket launcher
Bimini
Stereo cd/mp3/am fm
VHF radio and aerial
Sounder/gps chartplotter
Deck Wash System
Dual marine battery system
Digital 406 Epirb

LINZ_74
14-03-2008, 10:17 PM
sounds awesome levigne, can't wait to see some piccy's. I see you're getting all the extras, definately make fishing a lot more enjoyable.

Cheers Lindsay

levinge
14-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Your not wrong, missus asked me if it was what I wanted and to my surprise when I said there were a few extras that we could tack on, she said its a one of purchase and I should fit it out and make it count, put on what you really want.

So I did, she's happy coz she gets to spend the same amount on the house doing reno's

Scott nthQld
15-03-2008, 10:24 AM
couldn't be happier for you, though it does make me very jealous, I just wish I could get the funds to get something like that. How heavy does that make her on the road?

levinge
15-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Unloaded Boat and motor will be around 980KG loaded with all my fishing stuff, fuel etc I suppose you could add another 100kg I guess, not sure what 150ltrs of fuel weighs. Pity I didn't pull my finger out 3 months ago, could've had it here for the FFNF but I guess all good things yadda yadda yadda!!

disorderly
15-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a beauty.
She'll be a nice economical reef boat.
About the only extra you are missing is a live bait tankhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif.
I'm sure you'll have no shortage of deckies down there with that flash righttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif.

Scott

levinge
15-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Yep I dare say if I ask for a deckie it will be a stampede, but I love fishing so, there's going to be plenty of opportunities for all the guys down here to wet a line on the boat.

As for live bait, I have a portable system I use in the Side Console, designed it so that I could use it in the big boat as well, hence the 12volt outlet down back.

Alot of thought has gone into putting this rig together and I think I have it just about right. Although any suggestions are good and greatly accepted....

disorderly
15-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Ah the old portable live bait tank....good stuff.
So you have thought of everything,then.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

levinge
15-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I hope so, but if in the event I do forget something on the initial fitout, the thats what birthdays and fathers days are for I guess, heck might even toss in Mother's Day as well.

tin can marlin
15-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi levinge it is a credit to you mate. I have heard they are the best rideing hull on the market well done. Regards mark

levinge
15-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I'll find out in about 10 weeks when she is under my feet crusing at 30+knots

levinge
17-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Just got off the phone with the man who controls my Dollars.

Its a Goer.

Contacting the dealer this morning and placing my order for the boat.

Should take about 8 - 10 weeks to completion and delivery. 10 weeks of sleepless night, dreaming about the big reefies that'll be coming over the side of the boat in future fishing trips. Townsville Ausfisho's deckies may be required for the odd trip offshore "anyone interested let me know"!!!

Look out for a shiny black Formosa side name will be "Hard Livin"

ozbee
17-03-2008, 09:47 AM
just heard that the EPA HAVE BANNED THE PRODUCTION OF FORMOSA 5.8 because of the risk of over fishing. any person found owning a formosa boat comes with a 200 k green zone around it to be implemented in approx 10 weeks. best regards from all of us jealous fisherman.

levinge
17-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Guess I will just have to keep breaking the law "Remember it only illegal if you get caught", guess I'll have to chuck a couple of Quintrex Stickers on the side, you reckon they'd notice HE HE HE !!!

Scott nthQld
17-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Ofcourse they'd notice, with the recent complaints about the paint quality on new quinnies, you'll attract even more attention if you put one of their stickers on it. People will be wondering why it isn't a bare corroded mess!

Well done on the great choice mate, can't wait for my deckie invite lol.

ozbee
17-03-2008, 03:51 PM
if your going to the townsville meet and greets i guess your the guy with the endless grin

levinge
17-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I wish, it won't be ready until June, so I will the anxious one with the little tinnie!!!

seren-y-mor
17-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I have one very similar It a 5.5 centre cab in white with a 115 suzi 4 stroke..
Am very happy with the boat and motor i have had it for about 8 months now!
Had the transom door, clears added on to the bimini, kill tank, vhf, sounder, track plotter, mp3 player, but i should have upgraded the trailer as i am very unhappy,
I dont like mentioning names on here but i have a swiftco and find them very unhelpful, definatly wont be getting another!
regards jason

seren-y-mor
17-03-2008, 09:18 PM
deleate...

levinge
18-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Sorry for your woes there Sere-y-mor, was lucky enough that the dealer I am using, agreed with you about that particular brand and they have changed their trailers to Redco, in particular the Tandem RT 600 MO for their 5.8 and 5.5's. Checked it out on the web and I think I'll be very happy with the whole pacakage.

Was originally going to go for the 5.5M (same build as you have),but then of course they bring out the big brother, so what's a guy to do. Talked it over with the missus (she is a keen Fisho). For the extra couple of K it was worth the upgrade to the 5.8M

seren-y-mor
18-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree with you I would have gone for the 5.8 as well but didnt have the option at the time.
Thats very interesting about the dealer saying the same thing about the trailer.

still happy with the boat though!

I am towing it up to airlie beach on the weekend as we are relocating from the gold coast, I heard that the fishing and diving is meant to be good? i wounder if anyone on here has fished up there?

regards

Jason

levinge
18-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I have but that was with a charter and unfortunately the weather was against us.

But from what I have heard and seen, you'll be upgrading your gear on a regular basis. Talk to the local Fishos when you get there and you may find a few good fishing spots, but like all waters here in NQ, every spot looks like a good fishing spot. Best of luck with everything. We go down that way sometimes, so be on the lookout for a Black 5.8m "Hard Livin" that'll be me!! Pull up or call me on the VHF and we'll get together.

Mrs Ronnie H
18-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi All
I am off tomorrow to check out a 4.8 Formosa. I need something smaller than the Cruisecraft we have now so off to the Gold Coast to check things out.
My brother picked his 5.5 centre console up last week at it looks pretty good. Painted black too. I am going for a deep purple--- custom job-- no smarty chuckles either guys.

Any way will let you guys know what i decide after tomorrow--- oh I suppose a motor would be helpfull???? Can't decide on two or four stroke.

Ronnie