PDA

View Full Version : m rigging the cd5

nuggstar
13-03-2008, 11:52 PM
have any of you guys heard of this rig 4 the rapala count downs. i think the idear started in japan. you get ya cd5 and take off the middle trebble and put a split shot on insted of a trebble and change the trebble on the tail and replace it with the 2 prong hooks so there faceing up. they use this so they can realy prob the bottom and not get snaged up. have any of you guys tryed this. i now of 2 lures that use this idear, the daiwa silver fox and the zip bait c bream. but is there any more lures like this that i dont no about. im going to be trying this 4 bream and flattys in some realy ruged spots so i will let you guts know if it works 4 me.

Little grey men
14-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah mate, quite a few bass lures now have doubles instead of trebles to prevent hook ups. Does work too. I use one called a little max, I've got three in my tacklebox but I still only use the first one I bought. I reckon they'd be great for flatties. good amount of flash, heavy and great action. I believe that a few of the bream guys on here use the smaller ecogear versions with good results.
Not a bad idea with the countdown lure, They can be snaggy little buggars>:(