PDA

View Full Version : Boat registration

Breambuster33
13-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Hello guys and girls,
i went down to queensland transport to register my 12 foot tinnie with 5hp.
they said i need a number of an Australian builders plate but i searched my dinghy and there was no plates evident. So i went back and they gave me a handbook which says. for a boat without a Australian builders plate evidence of positive flotation statement completed by the boat manufacturer or an accredited marine surveyor or a ship designer. i do not have one of these so i am thinking i will need a accredited marine surveyor or a ship designer to write one of these positive flotation things. Does anyone know who could do it for me or any alternative things i could do would be great.
cheers
breambuster

mik01
13-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Hello guys and girls,
i went down to queensland transport to register my 12 foot tinnie with 5hp.
they said i need a number of an Australian builders plate but i searched my dinghy and there was no plates evident. So i went back and they gave me a handbook which says. for a boat without a Australian builders plate evidence of positive flotation statement completed by the boat manufacturer or an accredited marine surveyor or a ship designer. i do not have one of these so i am thinking i will need a accredited marine surveyor or a ship designer to write one of these positive flotation things. Does anyone know who could do it for me or any alternative things i could do would be great.
cheers
breambuster

go here mate - i reckon you don't need one
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/resources/file/eb1a624469d4601/Pdf_faqs_owner_master.pdf

Which boats are required to have an ABP plate?
�� All recreational boats that are built after the introduction of the standard;

the standard came in 2006 so if your boat is older you don't need one

Which vessels are not required to have an ABP?

There are some recreational vessels that do not require an ABP, these include:

�� a rowing shell used for racing or rowing training;

�� a second hand ship;

�� an amphibious vehicle

�� a canoe, kayak or surf ski or similar vessel designed to be powered by
paddle;

�� a pedal powered boat;

�� a sailboard or sail kite or other similar ship;

�� a surf row boat;

�� a hydrofoil or hovercraft;

�� a sailing vessel;

�� a submersible;

�� an aquatic toy;
�� a boat built before the introduction of the standard

is your boat second hand? if so - you don't need one.

Breambuster33
14-03-2008, 06:58 AM
thanks mate.....
do you know if i need a positive flotation thing

BaitThrower
14-03-2008, 07:02 AM
no you dont. you dont need any of that. the qld transport person was telling you porkies i think :) i didnt need one when i registered my hull since it was made before the requirement for ABPs.
Download the boat reg forms off their website and fill them in before you go.

Breambuster33
14-03-2008, 07:14 AM
no you dont. you dont need any of that. the qld transport person was telling you porkies i think :) i didnt need one when i registered my hull since it was made before the requirement for ABPs.
Download the boat reg forms off their website and fill them in before you go.

alright thanks.. yet again
i got the forms yesterday try and take it in next week.
cheers