PDA

View Full Version : My fairy god mother !!

Mark-P
13-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Just recently, i've been asking you guys questions on boats & that i was looking to purchase 1 .... unfortunatly my wife left me last year inwhich i've lost all of my material things & of coarse the thing i enjoyed the most fishing .....So after the sale of my house, i intending on getting atleast one of my pleasures back, then the ex drops a boomshell saying that after settlement etc. there wont be enough to purchase a boat :'( ....... So to cut a very boring & lengthy story short, i when to see my Fairy Godmother today & she approved my purchase !!!

520 PROWLER with a 115 ETEC pick up in 6 weeks ;D ;D ;D
Thanks fairy godmother ( esanda )

Mark

disorderly
13-03-2008, 06:56 PM
That will be a real sweet rig,Markhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/cool.gif.
Sorry to hear of your drama's but hopefully a bit of time out on the water in the new Boat will help you get your priorities in order and enjoy a new direction in your life.
BTW Do you have a name yet?
Happy boating,mate.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

Scott

Marlin_Mike
13-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Mate i got dibs on a deckie trip out with you

Mike

Mark-P
13-03-2008, 07:12 PM
BTW Do you have a name yet?
Happy boating,mate.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

Scott[/quote]
Thanks Scott, no name yet ???? :-/

Hey mike you'll get first dibbs ;)

Marlin_Mike
13-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Any pics yet?

Mike

Seahorse
13-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Mark.
good stuff. nice to have those pleasures back again.
good luck

greg

Mark-P
13-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Goin down saturday mike, will get pics then !

Thanks Greg !

Mark

polky
13-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Mark hopefully bad times behind you good times in front of you. She sounds like a nice rig,get her out and get har covered in fish bits. Polky

FNQCairns
13-03-2008, 09:34 PM
One door closes another opens, great to hear you still have an eye for what is important, life is short. sounds like a great rig.

cheers fnq

Marlin_Mike
14-03-2008, 01:04 PM
keep $65 of fairy godmother's money Mark. Bring it to me at VMR next Sunday 23rd and I'll join you and your new boat up :):):)

Mike

Mark-P
14-03-2008, 04:46 PM
No worries Mike !!

Mark-P
15-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Off to se the wizard today , follow the yellow brick road to burleigh & check out the new baby.... Have to go through options & one of them being t-top or bimini ?? boat colour & electronics ?? If boat & motor weigh 670kgs + trailer, do you think my magna wagon would tow it okay ?????

Mark

gofishin
15-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate. If statistics are right half of us here know what you are going through! However, it sounds like things are on the improve in a big way.;)

At a guess, your BMT rig will weigh around 1200 – 1300kg loaded for a trip. Not sure of the towing capacity of your car, but like any front wheel drive, at low tides on wet slippery ramps it may be a problem. Otherwise should be fine. This of course depends on your drawbar weight too, too much is no good.

If you find that it is a problem, a HR load distribution hitch works a treat at getting load down on to the front wheels, and will definitely help if you find you have problems. They are not cheap, but certainly a lot cheaper than replacing your tow vehicle.
cheers
PS. they have a conversion bracket for single drawbars (I have one, works great)

http://www.haymanreese.com.au/consumer/products/wdh/wdh.jpg

Marlin_Mike
15-03-2008, 08:23 AM
take it from me Mark, I have had bimini then Targa. If its a CC you are getting, go the Targa Top mate, doesnt stop that walk round factor and you can have rod holders etc on it and radios etc up the top like i had done.

Mike

Mark-P
15-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah Mike she's CC, I'm thinking targa in ss but there expensive !!

Mark

fleety77
15-03-2008, 08:48 AM
good on ya mate, when u get your boat you wont even remember the ex mate!!! good on old esanda!!!!!!

Mark-P
15-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Cheers fleety, like fishen with frozen bait ( a thing of the past ) !!!!!

Mark

Marlin_Mike
15-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Maybe see member shaneo. He does great work in ally or SS and his prices are very reasonable.

Mike

fish2relax
15-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Mark,
great to hear the news mate and best of luck with it all.
Re the bimni or T-top. Ive got a 540 profish and find the bimni is a pita. unfortunataly i bought a open boat for the fishing versatility but with the bimni on it severly affects this. Hence the reason that unless im bait fishing i have it removed. Nothing worse chasing kings or marlin and having a bloody bimni in the way!!
If i was you id go the t-top all the way.

Cheers
Ben

Mark-P
15-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Just ordered the t -top, i've gone for a black hull & black canvas on the t-top also..
Should look good with all the stainless !!!

Mark