PDA

View Full Version : Pimpin New Boat please HELP!!!!!!!

basskid
12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey Guys,
I know alot of you couldnt be bothered to reply to this thread but to the people who can god bless you ... ripped up my old boat and decided it needs to bet done properly :P If anyomne has any idea how to approah it that would be great .. Looking to make it for a bass electric basically All casting decks new everything live well, carpet , casting deck .. i am prepeared to spend a decenyt amount on this and i am welcome to ALL suggestions .. does anyone know anyone who would be able to help me with this project ie design help make anyone ... I am getting a bow mount so i need to put a top casting deck in ....

Thanks so much in advance8-)

basskid
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
here are the pics its 3.75 meters long ... its in ok shape but it will be sweet when it is set up // Please help:-[ :'(

basskid
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I was thinking one whole massive cast deck from back seat to front but how would i go with the bow mount

ffejsmada
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Will, How much are you prepared to spend?

Jeff.

basskid
12-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Jeff,
I am buying a jarvis marine 54lb bow mount so take 550(special deal) off 2000 and i need a battery and charger for it .. and leave the rest for pimpin .. is that enough so say 1350 to put false floors and a flat carpet bottom and thanks alot for a reply jeff

basskid
12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
oh also a live well

bigtez
12-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Went through this not so long ago with my boat. Best place to start is with the live wells as they will take up the largest portion of your under floor space. I used 2 plastic tubs, plumbed them and mounted them on a level sub-floor.
Then add some alloy stringers that in your case would probably run across the seats. The size of the stringers would depend on how high you need to go to clear your livewells.
Then cut up some ply for your floor making use of as much underfloor storage as possible and a couple of battery boxes on either side wouldn't go astray either.
Flocoat, resin coat, lacquer or whatever your prefered method is to waterproof the ply and carpet all the boards. If you use head and hull liner carpet instead of the rubber backed stuff you won't have to worry to much about having enough gap between your boards.
Also use nylon hinges for your hatches so you don't burn your feet on them in the sun.

basskid
12-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Thank you very very much ... ,
on my way umm do you mind explaining or putting up any photos as i am a 16yr old .. dont know much about boats .... what sort of plastic tubs .. any pictures and how much do you reckon this will all cost and any infop like that ... sorry mate but i no nothing? thanks alot mate

griz066
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Click on the link and check through the many posts I am sure you will find many ideas for what you are looking for there have been some fantastic fit outs over the years.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/search.php?searchid=362163

bigtez
12-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Hopefully this works. One photo is of the new floor and the other is the livewells.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj221/terrylangham/IMGP1266.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj221/terrylangham/IMGP1265.jpg

Terry

Blackened
12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
G'day

All I can input is, I hope you have ample horsepower to shift all the extra weight efficiently

Dave

bigtez
12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
As far as cost goes, heres a rough idea.....
Tubs: up to $50 each for quality ones
Stringers: $100ish
Ply: 2 Sheets 15mm $60 each
Carpet: 4m at $30/m

Total: about $450 in materials.

basskid
13-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks heaps guys,
That link does not work sorry to inform,
Also big tez .. please i dont know what stringers are and how should i go by making it one big cast deck ... the front seat is alot lower than the other ... would someone at say whitworths be able to helm me ?

predator
13-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Heres a couple of sites with pics...

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=233970&highlight=casting+deck

http://www.bowfishtexas.com/images/alumdeck/alumdeck.html

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/bass_boat.html

Little grey men
13-03-2008, 11:02 AM
G'day mate, whats the hull like in the water? Will it be stable enough to stand up on a casting platform without ending up in the drink ? Some tinnies can be a bit wobbly . Can't tell from the pics excactly what sort of bottom it has.
Sounds like a fun project though.

griz066
13-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Try these links
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=113652&highlight=fitting+out+my+new+tinnie

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=111925&highlight=fitting+out+my+new+tinnie

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=69364&highlight=fitting+out+my+new+tinnie

Outsider1
13-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey Guys,
I know alot of you couldnt be bothered to reply to this thread but to the people who can god bless you ... ripped up my old boat and decided it needs to bet done properly :P If anyomne has any idea how to approah it that would be great .. Looking to make it for a bass electric basically All casting decks new everything live well, carpet , casting deck .. i am prepeared to spend a decenyt amount on this and i am welcome to ALL suggestions .. does anyone know anyone who would be able to help me with this project ie design help make anyone ... I am getting a bow mount so i need to put a top casting deck in ....

Thanks so much in advance8-)

basskid, you should probably start by confirming the hull you have is going to be suitable for what you have in mind.

From the photos it looks like a 10/11 ft dinghy with a slight v bottom. Virtually flat at the transom rising to about 10 degrees deadrise at the point end. So it is not a punt, and won't be as stable as a punt. Does anyone think this is going to be an issue given what is planned in terms of casting decks etc?

I am assuming from your comment "....Looking to make it for a bass electric basically......" that you plan it to be electric only, i.e. no outboard? Can you confirm? The reason this is important is if it is going to be all electric it will have a number of implications such as you needing two large (and very heavy) batteries, and whether the motor you have chosen is going to be powerful enough! I am no expert on electric motors, but would think you will need a minimum of an 80lb thrust motor if you going all electric!. Others with more experience might be able to add to these thoughts.

To help us help you, can you tell us as much as you can about the hull you have i.e.

- brand and model if known, and approx age
- length
- beam (width at the transom)
- weight
- are there any builder plates with details like maximum hp etc? If so, what does it say on it?
- condition of hull, i.e. have you checked it for leaks etc etc

Cheers

Dave

bigtez
13-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Here is a rough diagram of what I meant. Basically run some aluminium box section where the red lines are and screw your ply to that. Where there are large spaces of unsupported aluminium, ie between the seats, brace it with a vertical piece of box section. Once you have the frame cut and layed out take it to an alloy welder and get them to tack it all together.

basskid
14-03-2008, 07:00 AM
LGM,
This boat is extremely i mean very stable .... i use the freont deck all the time to stand on even when driving ...... not wobly at all;D

basskid
14-03-2008, 07:10 AM
basskid, you should probably start by confirming the hull you have is going to be suitable for what you have in mind.

From the photos it looks like a 10/11 ft dinghy with a slight v bottom. Virtually flat at the transom rising to about 10 degrees deadrise at the point end. So it is not a punt, and won't be as stable as a punt. Does anyone think this is going to be an issue given what is planned in terms of casting decks etc?

I am assuming from your comment "....Looking to make it for a bass electric basically......" that you plan it to be electric only, i.e. no outboard? Can you confirm? The reason this is important is if it is going to be all electric it will have a number of implications such as you needing two large (and very heavy) batteries, and whether the motor you have chosen is going to be powerful enough! I am no expert on electric motors, but would think you will need a minimum of an 80lb thrust motor if you going all electric!. Others with more experience might be able to add to these thoughts.

To help us help you, can you tell us as much as you can about the hull you have i.e.

- brand and model if known, and approx age
- length
- beam (width at the transom)
- weight
- are there any builder plates with details like maximum hp etc? If so, what does it say on it?
- condition of hull, i.e. have you checked it for leaks etc etc

Cheers

Dave

Dave,
I have fully clkeaned and everything in the boat No Holes, and maximum rating 25HP,Brand is Dehavailand(spelling) I am Planning to have electric only ... i used to have old cheap flase floors that roted away ... and used to have a 60litere live well (esky) and i used that with all extra weight akll day at baroon (aprox 6 hours) with one battery and a minn kota 40lb thrust ,,, It is extremely stable very very stable for what it looks anyway I am planning to have a 54lb bow mount up front a 40lb hand thrust at back the bow with a massive trojan battery (biggest i can find atm) and two deeps cycle 50 amp i think,

How should i go with putting latches and doors to under neath ... Gets some pfd false wood and cut out a template and work it out then use it to cut the ply? also what sort of wood should i use to makeThe false floor to keep the ply wood up .....

Thanks in advance

basskid
14-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Also if you ceen see up the front there is a cast deck sorta anyway i want to take that off and make a bigger one .. hat materials should i use and how should i go about it ,,,, thanks fellows for it ey

Little grey men
14-03-2008, 07:57 AM
LGM,
This boat is extremely i mean very stable .... i use the freont deck all the time to stand on even when driving ...... not wobly at all;D

Good to hear mate, we'd hate to see our basskid get wet;D
Your gonna raise hell in that thing mate.

pilchardjones
17-03-2008, 12:51 PM
G'day,
I did something similar a few years ago to a 12ft stessl tinny. No livewells but just lots of flat deck area.
the bow platform is supported by a frame of aluminium angle about 40 x 40 x 3mm. you will need to take it to a fab shop to get this welded in.
the floor is just 15mm ply with some bigger hardwood chocks at a few locations to stop the flex.
the rear platform utilises the existing rear thwart. a bit of 25 x 25 x 2mm angle was welded to the thwart, and another was welded to the inside of the transom, and a bit of 15mm ply simply sits on these.
a plate was welded to the very point of the bow to enable a transom mount 40lb minnkota to be used up there as a bow mount with the head spun around 180 degrees.
hope this helps out.
steve