PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Hire - Gold Coast

Captain_Zero
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi all

I am heading to the Gold Coast for a week soon and I am wanting to hire a fishing kayak while I am there to take out on the Broadwater.

Does anyone know of somewhere on the northern end of the gold coast that hires kayaks?

Thanks

Chris

marty_z
13-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Chris,

Not to sure about the northern end, but the Boatshed at Currumbin definitely hires kayaks & canoes. Got a number of different types there, and open seven days.

I am guessing someone up the northern end does the same but I just can't think of one off the top of my head.

Marty

Jeremy
13-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Chris,

I have one at home you would be welcome to take with you if you can carrry and store it

Jeremy

Captain_Zero
13-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks Marty, I'll give the Boatshed a call. I will have roof racks so I could bring it back to the Broadwater or take it out in Currumbin or Tallebudgerra Creeks or one of the local lakes/canals.

Jeremy, thanks for the offer. I really don't have room to take all our luggage for the week, the stroller etc for the baby and a kayak on/in the Corolla. it is amazing how much stuff such a little person needs.

I'll send you an email, as if you don't mind I would like to borrow your kayak for a weekend some time.

Regards

Chris