PDA

View Full Version : Bait Help

Bricey74
11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I've been of fishing about 1/2 dozen times now. Been fishing for Carp and using corn Kernals as suggested with no success. Does anone have any other ideas?

I really need help, as you can see.....I know NOTHING about what I am doing!!! ;D

All help appreciated. I just wanna catch something other than a sunburn or a cold!

Cammy
11-03-2008, 07:01 PM
ok, what time are you fishing, e.g early morning, midday? cause it varies with carp if i rememeber from earlier years.

Cammo

Bricey74
11-03-2008, 07:10 PM
been fishing from mid to late afternoon........

went at 1.30 today, was about 3.30 on sunday

fish_on
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
garden worms mate. carp will eat just about anything. try some stimulate instant bait. nice and sticky with a good smell for the fish.

Cammy
11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
yer i recon worms, and keep using the kernals, i have also gotton them on meat, if you are serious about fishing for them i suggest going early morning as its the best time to fish!

Cammo

Barraboss
12-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Bricey,

When we used to carp fishing in Canberra at Lake Burley Griffin, we fished for carp using white bread but not the crust.

The bread was moulded around the hook into a worm like shape and only a small part of the hook was exposed. This was chucked out under a float, with a moveable float stopper so we could vary the depth. It was then pretty much a case of sit back with a tinny and wait. Sometimes though, a school would come through and it would be on for young and old. We used to swap the fish (that we were going to put in the bin) for cans of drink and packets of chips from passing asian families. Was a hoot!!!!

Cheers

Matt

sonnybill
12-03-2008, 12:00 PM
hi bricey,

In the last couple of weeks i have been going for carp simply because i cant catch anything else, i go down the arvo before with a tin of corn for burley and throw it around some good snags and have been catching heaps with corn and worms, even got a couple on pumpkin and rockmelon seeds when me worms ran out and i was playing around:o must eat anything the buggers.

jack

Bricey74
15-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. Just came back from landing a 4.5 lb carp using corn.

tailorboi99
15-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Nice Carp, Did you kill him? I wish we didn't have to kill them.

Cheers Tom

chief 1
16-03-2008, 07:09 PM
That's a nice carp mate

coelacanth
16-03-2008, 10:10 PM
QUOTE "Nice Carp, Did you kill him? I wish we didn't have to kill them"
Cheers Tom

Tom , I cannot belive that you said that, these fish have been destroying our waterways and killing native fish since thier introduction , they have decimated cod , troutr cod , yellow belly , silver perch populations wherever they have proliferated. Kill them ,yes use them for fertilser ,cat food whatever just don't throw that rotten things back.People that use them for live bait are just as bad ,I'm sure I'm not the only person to say these things.
Great sport maybe but that's it.Like foxes and rabbits ,cane toads and trout(sorry guys) get rid of them , don't be sorry about killing them think of native fish stocks and the health of our dwindling river ecosytems , they need all the help they can get in these dry times.IAN