PDA

View Full Version : Live Bait Tank ?

seamaid
10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Fellas
As you can see by the pics, I have fitted a Mercury Bermuda Type bait tank, it is fitted with a 360 gph Rule bildge pump.
The set up as is works fine, however i have been putting up with this noisy i mean NOISY sound, when i switch it on while anchored for the 3 years, i had enough, Had the idea of fitting a bigger pump, However i thought you blocks
might give me some expert advice Cheers Ged.

WHALEOIL
10-03-2008, 06:05 PM
What do you mean by noise?

Through the electronics, or just noise?

seamaid
10-03-2008, 06:23 PM
:)
What do you mean by noise?

Through the electronics, or just noise?
Hi Whaleoil
Through the bildge pump when pumping, been out in other boats and a lot quiter then this one.

WHALEOIL
10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
The difference must be the pump then.

I bought a pump through ebay. Very quiet, but not a recognised brand that I am aware of.
Seaworld, 1250 gph. Too much for a bait tank but you should find a smaller one.

outsiderskip
10-03-2008, 06:52 PM
ged
sound like the pump
mine is quiet
might need a bigger pump to compensate fat bloke in boat

pete

seamaid
10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
:D Hi Whaleoil
could be right, ill ask the pro's at the boat ramp see if i can get some fed back,
Ido not want to purchase one to b== dear for experiment.Cheers Ged.

Mr Outsiderskip ( Pete )
That bloke in the grey flannel suit ( photo ) bite you
;D ;)

honda900
10-03-2008, 07:24 PM
seamaid,

I have one as well, I have to walk to the back of the boat to hear it running at all.

My first one died, looked like rust in the top, had it replaced and it made a racket, the reason was that it was leaking and wasnt sealed properly, lucky I found out when my bilge was full, not my boat.

:o

regards
Honda

seamaid
10-03-2008, 07:42 PM
seamaid,

I have one as well, I have to walk to the back of the boat to hear it running at all.

My first one died, looked like rust in the top, had it replaced and it made a racket, the reason was that it was leaking and wasnt sealed properly, lucky I found out when my bilge was full, not my boat.

:o

regards
Honda

Hi Honda
What bran is it & size ( gpg ) this one is a replacement, only 6mths old.
Cheers Ged.