PDA

View Full Version : place to put the tube on for the kids..

fleety77
09-03-2008, 08:11 PM
sorry wrong place just thought general, but now realise, anyway hey guys just wondering wheres a good place to put the tube on the back for the kids, situated in brisbane so anywhere from redcliff to goldcoast is okay, and ideas???????

Blackened
09-03-2008, 08:24 PM
G'day

Have a look at the beacon to beacon, has designated ski areas marked.

Also have a read of queensland transports website regarding skiing

Dave

baitwaster
09-03-2008, 08:32 PM
pine river, downstream from the bridge. Always Some bullies around though

Nicko
09-03-2008, 08:36 PM
It's great to do it over near tangalooma, between the wrecks and the resort cause there is a nice sandbar there that you can do it over the bank or you could do it in the deep channel there.
It's nicer to do it over the sandbank cause people feel safer maybe?

mowerman
09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Done this a couple of times when the southerly or SE makes it too uncomfortable to go out past Cleveland point.

Drop the wife and gear off at 1 of the beaches at Raby Bay and put the boat in at the VMR at Cleveland. Spend a few hours towing the kids around using the beach as a base.
3 hours either side of high tide and you are right.

Rod

Marlin_Mike
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Tallebudgera Creek. I was put onto it by an ausfisher. Plenty of room for heaps of baots. Good ramp though only one lane, plenty of water. shallow on northern side but stil plenty of room.

Mike

Brumby
12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Between Ephraim / Sovereign Islands and the mainland on the Gold Coast, or else the Coomera River upstream of the Pac Highway, can get busy there though with the wakeboarders.

bungie
12-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Jindalee boat ramp. Ski zone both up and down stream from there plus BBQ and park

Angla
12-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I towed the kids a few times off Cowan Cowan, between tangalooma and Bulwer, on the shallow sections there. Then one night I pulled a 3 foot shovel nose with a 4.5 metre Hammer head following it, from the ledge that drops to deep water, straight out from that shallow area.
I would feel like I was dragging a lure around now......so we stopped that and put the tube away for good.

They used to tow me around too.

Chris

SCOTTYGC
15-03-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah as mike said the tally river is fantastic

plenty of grassed area with BBQS and lots of shade

get there early as parking with a trailer can be a pain

scotty

bluefin59
15-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Why dont you take them somewhere a bit safer like somerset dam it is only an hour away and now its full again plenty of nice smooth water for the tube,just an idea ...matt

TheRealAndy
15-03-2008, 11:07 PM
IS there anywhere on straddie to drag a tube around? Got a couple of families so would need to be accessable by foot/4wd.

Marlin_Mike
16-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I will most likelt be at tally creek next saturday along with hundreds of toehrs. Ill be towing the tube with kids aboard. Give us a yell if you see the Ausfish sticker on the transom

Mike