PDA

View Full Version : Smoken

major-defect
09-03-2008, 10:50 AM
A mate of mine has a friend who makes his own bourbon and filters it through wood chips {oak,hickory etc].When these are dried out they go unreal in the smoker giving the food a great slightly sweet flavour.Mmmmm I think I'll have to go have some more of those spare ribs.I suppose you could just soak some sawdust or chips in some bourbon then dry them it would be easier than finding someone who brews there own.Now this has got me thinking,bundy flavoured chips the possibilities are endless:o .

BR65
09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, that reminds me of something::)

Tangles
10-03-2008, 09:26 PM
if you want to get into smoking foods, try this site, for smoking on webers etc,, great recipies and info, well worth a gander,, just stock up on garlic and onion powder,, and chilli of course;D oops forgot the bundy chips, now there is class. Just remember the americans call bbq grilling and for them bbq is really smoking,, its the virtual weber board.. great site for recipies

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve?cdra=Y&s=98110183

mike

major-defect
11-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Yes I bet I know what your thinking Brian.We could of just hung the tucker from the rafters at the olds.

BR65
19-03-2008, 10:17 PM
how are they mate, loong time no see, what about J and little G ????

major-defect
24-03-2008, 05:07 AM
The olds are well they still do a bit of camping.G drives trucks and still loves fishing and pigging he's living at the olds.J is a crazy thing,her and her family are at mom and dads too at the moment.Hows all your lot going.