PDA

View Full Version : kurwongbah fishing

Cammy
08-03-2008, 09:35 PM
i went the the dam today hoping to catch some tilarpia, since my mates have never seen them beofre, and they hardly go fishing.

but i was dissapointed, we got there at 3pm and stayed till 7pm with only 2 turtles! no fish what so ever, i thought this dam was packed with tillys? we tryed various baits, like prawns, fish flesh, and pillies, and i no they are omnivores and eat plants and algea 2, but i thought we would have atleast gotton 1 fish, in 4 hrs fishing!:(

well we had a good time i guess, well i did , one of my mates was sitting on the ground making a spear out of a stick and the other one was falling asleep,lol.
but the dam looks really good! and very very weedy.

how have done fishing for tilarpia in this dam? i no some people bring out truck loads.

Cammo

Cammy
08-03-2008, 09:48 PM
just some of the pics i took at dusk;D

Luc
08-03-2008, 10:39 PM
For tilapia, I only use earthworms for bait fished under a float aiming to hold the bait above the bottom weeds.

I use a running float with a stopper tied to the main line so I can easily adjust the dept of the bait.

I prefer a pencil type float then if the bait is set too deep, the float will lie on its side and I know to adjust it.

It there's weed beds visible on the surface, I try to place the bait a couple of feed past the edge of the weed bed.

Luc

loophole
09-03-2008, 08:22 PM
making a spear sounds likeu woulda had more luck catching em with that;D :P

Cammy
09-03-2008, 09:27 PM
hmm worms, i thought about getting them, but our yard is dry and i will have to buy them, at 6.95 a carton, but hey i will try them next time! thnx mate

Cammo

Little grey men
10-03-2008, 08:16 AM
I agree with Luc on this one mate....Worms are the go, they don't really go for much else. I've tried a few different baits but only caught them on worms.
Except for a big one at North Pine that was foul hooked on a Jackall..hooked it in the back.

rayken1938
10-03-2008, 08:55 AM
There was a comp there yesterday over 700 tilapia caught. Best baits peeled prawns and worms. Winner caught 140 but all very small but who cares that is 700 less.
Cheers
Ray

Cammy
10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
tilarpia or any other, noxious fish are to be disposed of humainly and quickly and cannot be used for anything! not even bait, nor live bait.

Cammo

loophole
13-03-2008, 02:05 PM
hmm worms, i thought about getting them, but our yard is dry and i will have to buy them, at 6.95 a carton, but hey i will try them next time! thnx mate

Cammo

i got 2 compost bins and a worm farm you can come and raid them. seeing as my barra dont wanna eat them.:P