PDA

View Full Version : Wasp nest in the fuel line.

Scott nthQld
07-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi all,

looking for some advice to clear a wasp nest out of the end of the fuel line.

Long story short, I've had the underfloor out of the boat for a while for a bit of a boat refirb, I finally got every thing hooked back up correctly and tested the the new line for leakage by pumping a bit of fuel through the lines with the bulb. After finding a blockage, on inspection I found a mud wasp nest in the end of the line.

My question is, how can I clear the blockage, without leaving any grit behind to contaminate the fuel? Can I just clear the blockage with a bit of wire, holding the opening down to stop grit falling back down the line, and, using the bulb pumping a bit of fuel through to clean up the remainder?

Ii don't really feel like re doing the lines, as the opening from the tank is an odd size and it was a bastard to push the new lines on (the only sizes I could get were just too small or too big). I ended up going with a line just smaller and heating it up in some boiled water to help it stretch and expand. Only problem now is, once it on, it will be harder to get off.

Rod Fishing
08-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Scott,

Mate use compressed air if you can, shouldn't be to hard to fix bit of wire, like you said, to break it up then smash it with air. Or if your fuel is stale, wire agsin then pump the line clean.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Roughasguts
08-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Or you could cut the fuel line before the nest, clean out that part of the line then put in an extra fuel filter as the joiner.

That would make me feel better about cutting the fuel line.