PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Vs Profish ??? Side console's

Mark-P
07-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi guys,
I'm in a spot of bother.... I cant deside on 1 or the other, both look the goods & are built of the same gauge metarial :-/
I can get a 5.10 profish with a 100 yamy for 37 ish or
The Xtreme 5.00 with a 115 df suzy for 38 ish
I would love to here some veiws from people who own one or the other on there pro's & con's !
Thanks in advance .

Mark

bj75nt
09-03-2008, 12:54 AM
I can't comment on the Xtreme, but I have a 510 Profish with a 90 Suzuki. It is a very solid boat, outstanding in the rivers and still very comfortable outside. It can be little wet with a strong quartering breeze, but not any worse than other open boat I have owned. The 510 is a great size for up to 3 people and still plenty of room for fridges, esky's, tackle boxes etc. The I-beam trailer is awesome, more than capable of tackling some horrendous roads/tracks here in the NT. Can't speak highly enough of the Suzi, better than any other outboard I have owned. It's very quiet (yes, I have tried to start it when it was still running), great fuel consumption and plenty of herbs to push a boat with a weeks supplies down the river at 4000rpm and 45kph for just over 2km/litre. The only bad thing I have to say was poor fit out by the dealer; the wiring in the console was a mess, wiring out to docking lights was hanging everywhere, licence disc pop riveted to the trailer!, spare tyre mounted with about 10cm of clearance on flat ground, incorrect installation of the hydraulic steering hoses (had to steer 45km home up a river with rope after the incorrect fitting blew off). However, overall very happy now that I have remedied all the dealer gremlins.

2rods
09-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Mark... I know the guys at GS Marine where the extreams come from... There fit out of the boats is VERY VERY good. I have been out in a mates 5mtr side console and it is fine. Not that a SC is what I would want.

Motor wise my last plate boat had a 100 Yamaha on it and it was faultless for the whole time I had it. BUT so are the suzukies....

I have only been in 1 trailcraft and I was not that impressed with them over all. slapped like a bitch in the blue water and the layout was just not thought through IMHO.

I would go with the extream and 115hp suzuki... but I am a bit bias.

Mark-P
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Its seems the more i look the more difficult it becomes, i like both boats & the extreme look really good but on the chance of a bit of good weather ( fingers crossed ) I want the option of slipping outside, so now i've been looking at a 520 prowler !! The salesman i spoke to almost sold it to me there & then . They really look like an allrounder IMOH
520 Prowler 115 Vtec $ 37500.00
What do you think ?

Mark

aqua rat
09-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Mark if you intend to go out side stay clear of the extream they are a river boat and all the welding is done in asia and sent to darwin for fit out.I have been several extreams and they are a river boat they have a dead rise of around 14 degrees which is great up a river for stabilty but no good in rough conditions my mate calls his the chiropractor !!

tin can marlin
09-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi mark i would back up aqua rat on this one they get them welded in china to save on labour costs. Which has to bad points one is we aussies need jobs. And the second is that it is not like a t.v made in china if it breaks you take it back what happens in a boat when it breaks you are up the ck in the poo etc. I saw a tabs side console the other day and i would have to say it was rhe pick of all of the ones i have seen until you get into the big money boats like fisher etc. I think you could get a tabs kited out with all the gear for late 30's with a yamaha 4 stroke. Good luck with what ever you do. Regards mark

matmuller85
10-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey guys,
I own an xtreme 550c with a 140 suzuki on it. I am very very impressed on the way this boat rides handles and is finshed. i have run the boat to the reef several times (only had 3 months) from townsville and have averaged 70L on a return trip at 35knots, the reef is aproximatley 40nm out. the boat has turned alot of heads and i would recommend them to anyone. Very well built and very very tough.

Cheers
Matt

Mark-P
10-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the input matt, i'm really in three minds ! What are they like in a following sea & short sharp chop ? Most of my fishings done on the week end ( bosses weather ) so its got to cop a pounding or three !!!

Mark

fish2relax
10-03-2008, 07:31 PM
g'ay mark,
i've got a 540 profish with a 115 4st yammie.
built very tough and it can take a hiding.
only real gripe with the boat is the lack of storage on board.
however the plusses FAR out weigh the negative.
shes got 83 hours on her and is 12 months old next week.
Im in Sydney so its no use asking you if you wanted to take her for a spin.
She'll be up for sale shortly. although if your interested in a 2nd hand boat then shoot me a pm.

R.
Ben

JB
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Mate i've got a 4.5 pro fish. They are tough boats however there are a few things

1. dealer fitout of electrics would be better done by yourself.
2. Wet boat in cross conditions windy (all opens are..)
3. They need a lot of hp.. dont even think about anything under the max hp.

I wish i could have got a 75 on my 4.5 pro fish

Pluses, tough, practical, self draining deck is great for hosing out as much as safety , kill tanks are great, consoles are practical rather than those fancy shmancy crapola quintrex consoles.

I'd rather an aussie boat myself , dont buy 1 from china ur mad. Try Fisher boats they have a great reputation and thats what my next plate boat would be.

Jas

JB
10-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Also i have no trouble outside in the pro fish, the 5.1 will s$#t in fishing outside.

Mark-P
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
g'ay mark,
i've got a 540 profish with a 115 4st yammie.
built very tough and it can take a hiding.
only real gripe with the boat is the lack of storage on board.
however the plusses FAR out weigh the negative.
shes got 83 hours on her and is 12 months old next week.
Im in Sydney so its no use asking you if you wanted to take her for a spin.
She'll be up for sale shortly. although if your interested in a 2nd hand boat then shoot me a pm.

R.
Ben

Thanks Ben , I'm having a look at a 540 on the weekend but i'm thinking it may be out of my reach $$$$$$ So theres every chance i'll be sending you a PM !!!! ;)

Mark

marty_z
10-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm in a spot of bother.... I cant deside on 1 or the other...

That sure is a nice problem you have on your hands ;D There would be plenty of guys (including me) that would love to have a similar "dilemma" to deal with. Good luck with the decision.

Marty

j-tyson
11-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Mark, I just dropped you a PM, i am in the process of selling my 510 profish. It has a 100 yammy. They are a great boat.

cheers jules

Mark-P
11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
That sure is a nice problem you have on your hands ;D There would be plenty of guys (including me) that would love to have a similar "dilemma" to deal with. Good luck with the decision.

Marty

How's this for bad luck ? Back in feb 2007 my wife says its over :'(
a week later dad dies ,:'( i have to sell my boat :'( cant afford the repayments on me prado, its got to go :'(
So now its 2008 , her lawyer says we want 60/40 so the house will be sold :'(
So im thinking i'll get a little back by buying a boat & doing some fishing;D
But today she says i want some more which leaves me a total of 15,000, so my boat is now down to a tiny !!!!!!!!:'(

Mark

Mark-P
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all your input guys !!
The boats been put on the back burner, twas but a pipe dream................
Mark