PDA

View Full Version : How to hear phone while boating?

freddofrog
07-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi all

Anyone got any genius (and cheap) ideas on how to hear your mobile ringing while motoring along? I've got twin 90s strokes and even at cruise speeds you can't hear it.

I was thinking something like car kits but I really only need to hear it ring and don't need the whole auto turn music off, hands free options etc. Some how connect it to the stereo???

And before you say get 4 stokes, ummm...no

cya
ff

FNQCairns
07-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Nah turn it off!:)

cheers fnq

baitwaster
07-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Leave it off, it is only the missus telling you to come home and mow the bloody lawn again.

Apollo
07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Turn on the vibration alert if you have it and stick the phone in a shirt pocket very close to your skin. Works for me.

BGG
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Better still, put it in your pants pocket with the vibration alert on. That way you'll be wanting the missus to ring and whinge about the mowing.

on-one
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
you could stick one of these on the dash

http://hartandheim.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=81&products_id=658

wags on the water
07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Load up a high pitch ring tone and set the volume to extra loud. Or as BGG said, set it to vibrate and put it in your pocket.

Blackened
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
G'day

As the above said, vibrate and a pocket close to the body, or turn the bloody thing off.

Otherwise, grab a blueant super tooth light, a great little blue tooth car kit that's nice and loud when you need it to be.

Dave

Shagga
07-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Grab a blue tooth that fits on your ear.

Taroona
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
No phone call is that urgent that it can't wait till you get back. Any what happens when oyu are out of range......................

Dignity
07-03-2008, 07:01 PM
you could stick one of these on the dash

http://hartandheim.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=81&products_id=658

that's a neat idea - are they avail in stores as I haven't seen them although to be honest I try to stay out of those stores

on-one
07-03-2008, 07:55 PM
you'll find them in mobile phone accesory shops and gadget stores but they tend to be quite cheaply made. The one in the link is probably better quality as it's at least a decent brand (mathmos are the people who made the original lava lamps)

Dean1
07-03-2008, 09:12 PM
ff i love the thought that i cant hear mine ringing, one of the main reaons why i go fishing! To get away from the stinkin mobile. And your not heading out wide enough if you still have service ;D

oldboot
07-03-2008, 11:07 PM
As any "Dilbert" fan will tell you, the solution is simple.

Clip it to your ear:o ........ OW. OW. OW.

cheers

aussiefool
08-03-2008, 07:10 AM
They make mobile what now????:o:o:o

Poodroo
08-03-2008, 07:27 AM
I use a Supertooth blue tooth hands free device in my car and I dare say that it would be loud enough to hear when motoring in the boat as well. I might try it and let you know.

Poodroo

dnej
08-03-2008, 11:48 AM
can any one tell me where the flashing blue thing goes.On second thoughts,I dont want to know.
David

Grand_Marlin
08-03-2008, 12:31 PM
G'day FF,

You could wire in the hands free kit, and instead of the stereo cutting out - wire it to the ignition switch and cut the motors out. :o

That way you will never miss a call ;D

Cheers

Pete

Blackened
08-03-2008, 12:57 PM
wire it to the ignition switch and cut the motors out. :o That way you will never miss a call ;D

Cheers

Pete

G'day

Classic pete!

Dave

BILLY THE KID
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
double sided velcro and a $5 mobile holder for car vents

stick it on the dash infront of you and it will light up when it rings ::)

sid_fishes
08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
a long time ago i had my nipple pierced[ about 22 yrs i think] any way the only way i know the phong is ringing is when its on vibrate and in my shirt pocket[ its not only toymotors that have 'oh what a feeling', but come monday week that should all change as i,m being told i should here a mouse fart [ god i hope so] cheers ian

freddofrog
10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
You guys crack me up :D . I should have known better than to ask a bunch of fishos how to stay in contact with the misses while out fishing.

Anyway, blue tooth no good as I dont have it - but good idea, the other blue flashing thing looks a tad too mystical for my liking, put on dash is no good for me - I want to keep it save in it's hidey hole - lost a few already through water damage, in a pocket - same reason, you're right I don't get out wide enough ::) , ain't nothin piecing this holy sanctuary - I'm not a pin cushin you know...ummm...yeerrr...

ok, I'm trying to learn a bit about electronics so I think I may try and bodgy something up...mind you I'm having problems understanding how a simple transistor works so don't hold your breath.

ff