PDA

View Full Version : volvo economy

Fish Guts
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
hey ausfishers

can someone give me fuel usage figures for a pair of volvo penta 200hp units running shafts at full revs. lph. 1989 model. fitted in a 10m mono flybridge. just doing some calculations for a mate.

hes tagging along with us on our way upto musgrave next weekend. cant wait. praying for weather gods to come through with the goods. anyone got any long range predictions on the weather aswell >? central coast region

much appreciated

cheers

fish guts

Brumby
07-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Sorry can't help you on that, but wouldn't you be best off running some consumption tests on the boat itself - there are so many variables that can skew results between one boat and another?

gofishin
07-03-2008, 12:57 PM
FG, as Brumby says, you really need to do fuel trials in the actual boat, as things can be soooo different even between similar boat types.

However, as a very rough guide, with 2 x 200hp d/props (1987) in a 328 Powercat flybridge I used to get between 1.8 – maybe 2.4L/nm in total, per trip, depending on conditions, loading & cruise speed, and how much trolling was done. This is very low consumption for a big boat, but we always did a lot of trolling. Shaft drives are less efficient than DP’s, and the PC328 was a very efficient hull to drive due to its design.

Mate, best to plan a trip out prior, and do some trials. It could save you a lot of pain.

Fish Guts
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
thanks for the info. dont worry the trip has been planned. have my economy down pat with the suzis just wanted to get a ball park figure of his. doing a test mid week to get accurate usage. all im praying now for is the weather !

Brumby
07-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Should be a good trip - Musgrave is on the (very long) list of must do's. I see the long range forecasts are punting fairly settled weather with a bit of wind from the SE. There is a low around up north, but expected to remain weak and too far offshore to interfere.

Enjoy!

sid_fishes
07-03-2008, 05:56 PM
fish guts, mate i hate you.lol good luck with the trip. hope to see some great pics. cheers matey ian

leezor
07-03-2008, 06:08 PM
hey ausfishers

can someone give me fuel usage figures for a pair of volvo penta 200hp units running shafts at full revs. lph. 1989 model. fitted in a 10m mono flybridge. just doing some calculations for a mate.

hes tagging along with us on our way upto musgrave next weekend. cant wait. praying for weather gods to come through with the goods. anyone got any long range predictions on the weather aswell >? central coast region

much appreciated

cheers

fish guts

Had a pair of 165's in a 328 Powercat many years ago and it would burn between 50-60lt p/h combined at a cruise of around 3200RPM. The 200's are similar so I would work on around 60lt p/h.

Cheers,

Lee

Fish Guts
08-03-2008, 02:39 PM
thanks guys. will put up some shots after we return