PDA

View Full Version : caught on camera tied to marker

Razgo-
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
I didn't think you were allowed to tie up to a marker? This was just taken near coochie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak15VzhwJUM

Red Bull
04-03-2008, 03:26 PM
It's true, you're not allowed to, but I doubt very much whether anyone will be getting booked based on that footage.

Cheers
RB

Razgo-
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
well i certainly wasn't looking to have someone booked based on my footage. But it is clear that it is tied to the marker just the boat identification isn't that clear :)

probably just a point that there are rules for some and not others.

Ninja
07-03-2008, 10:25 PM
::) You go girl! I admire your dedication to rid this world of all beacon cowboys!

Razgo-
08-03-2008, 07:18 AM
what? for starters i am not a girl i am a 45 year old male. And the comment means what exactly? It was just a video of what not to do and thought it might be of interest to other ausfish members. do people around here always read more into whats in front of them? lol, i suppose there is one in every crowd.::)

Oh, and i do want to note that whilst i thought it was rather odd at first glance I now realise its actually a stupid thing to do because it may weaken the structure of the marker if thats what it was. and thats a big safety concern should it collapse after the boatie has left.

BaitThrower
08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Yep its definitely not allowed, unless it was some kind of maintenance boat repairing the beacon, but certainly doesn't look like it. Were they definitely tied to it or just anchored near it?

Razgo-
08-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Yep its definitely not allowed, unless it was some kind of maintenance boat repairing the beacon, but certainly doesn't look like it. Were they definitely tied to it or just anchored near it?

It was definatley tied even though the video lacks detail I could see using my Tasco 7x50 Binoculars so i thought i would video it.

I just checked my beacon to beacon (map 81) and it looks like it is a port beacon/buoy. And I forgot to mention they were fishing which the video doesn't show either. I do understand how this could be tempting but being that it poses a safety risk to other boaties that it may become dislodged over time is really a big risk.

BaitThrower
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey I think he did the right thing videoing this law breaker! At least it will teach others here what not to do! Besides, I'd hate to hit the sand bank or whatever the bouy is keeping you away from just because it was moved off station coz someone tied up to it or damaged it.

Razgo-
11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
well i don;t know what happened to the post but cod muncher replied "mate you a cop or what , get a life , "

Just want to inform you yes i do have a life. I often visit the water with my wife for therapeutic reasons as she is totally disabled and i have been feeding her through a tube the last 4 years. So yes mate i do have a life. And if it's ok by you i will continue to take the odd photo or video of any happening on the water as my wife and sit there taking in the scenery.

correct me if i am wrong but this is a fishing related video forum? have i posted something so offensive? i don't think so.

disorderly
11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi razgo,
I think some of the replies may just be advising you to lighten up a bit.
We live in a world where on a daily basis people are murdered,raped and foreclosed upon as well as being violated in many other ways.
So some dude tied up to a beacon may be illegal but I personally hardly think it's worth broadcasting on you tube and I cant really see that he was bothering you at all.
Seriously what are the chances that the beacon will "collapse after the boatie left".
Really sorry to hear about your wife,just try and stay positive and forget about the insignificant stuff.

Scott

Razgo-
11-03-2008, 05:37 PM
well i don't what the chances of a bouy being let loose is but i am guessing the powers to be do think it can come loose which really would pose a danger to other people. As baitthrower said i would hate to hit a sandbank because of some idiots who think its ok to tie up to markers. Its one of those things you don't know until it happens to you.

I did take the video in a light hearted manner showing what you should probably not do in a boat as it may indeed pose a danger to other people. Boat safety is a pretty big thing these days considering the amount of ever increasing boats on the water.

If we don't take boating safety seriously then i am buggered if i know.

disorderly
11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Alright mate..more power to you.
Boat safety does indeed need to be taken seriously so keep us informed of the indiscretions of those rogue boaties out there.

Scott

Razgo-
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
lol, once again i have made it quite clear i was simply down the water with my wife and simply took a video of some idiot who thinks its ok to tie up to a marker.

If people want to read something else into it then what can i do? lol.

disorderly
11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
No worries mate....just dont allow you and your missus to have your time on the water ruined by other fools.
You will find them everywhere...from on the ramp... to as you have seen out on the water..at your fishing spot...on jet ski's....and driving close by you at 40 mph while you are anchored.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/sad.gif
Unfortunately there is not a real lot you can do about them but I guess video/photograph them or take their details and report them to the authorities(and then no doubt very little or no action will be taken unless there is an actual incident).http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif
Just look after you and your missus and try and have the best time you can.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif

Scott

Razgo-
11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
disorderly, you are right and i wasn't trying to come off as the water police or anything.

I went down to paradisehouseboats coomera yesterday to look at a boat suitable for my wife and I to hire. and the owner mentioned these things as you have said. In fact she warned me and advised me to hire midweek if i can because on the weekend the broadwater is full of nasty people in big boats that like nothing better to do than come as close as they can to rock your boat. She was really cranky about it too as she has had boiling water tipped over her whilst at a stove because of rogue boat traffic.

So i certainly won't be going out there on week-ends!

disorderly
11-03-2008, 07:29 PM
So i certainly won't be going out there on week-ends!

That's a good idea,mate.
Even up here it's much quieter through the working week.Just far more relaxing.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/smiley.gif
Do you guys get out there for a fish or just for a bit of a runaround.At least it's an interesting bit of coastline.

Scott

Crestcutter
12-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Razgo, forget the knockers matey, most of them are big bad internet people and you will never see them at a meet and greet. This ass clown is a idiot tying up to a beacon and is doing the wrong thing.So kudos to you mate for doing it.But as Scott says, just enjoy your time on the water with your wife as there are wankers everywhere mate,even in this forum as you can see.

Razgo-
12-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks crestcutter, it hard hard not to respond with knee jerk reactions sometimes and yeah i should just ignore it.

disorderly i usually just pull up alongside the rocks at the spit and throw a line in there if you have Google earth latitude 27°56'20.02"S longitude 153°25'20.51"E

My boating experiences are primarily moreton bay. I have never explored the broadwater before. But i intend to do that soon hopefully. I think there is something like 200KM's of waterways in the broadwater? So I am looking forward to it for fishing and taking as much video of different areas as i can.

baitwaster
12-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Razgo, I can recommend the paradise boats from coomera, plenty of places to explore around there and nice tidy boats too. If there are too many people about, you can up anchor and bugger off somewhere else

BTW - I am standing on one of the said houseboats in my avatar pic and the fish was caught at the northern end of the limits set by the hire mob, on a live whiting
;) :)

Razgo-
12-03-2008, 10:10 AM
wow nice flatty! looks like your on the big 50' houseboat. I have 2 videos here of paradise houseboats http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=125789

on-one
13-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Hey Razgo don't worry too much about the weekends midweek is better but most boats, even big ones are used as dayboats and bugger off home before dark, it's not too hard to find an achorage to yourself even on a saturday night. Something I would give some thought to though is where you're going to anchor, if you're worried about the boat rolling pick somewhere like tiger mullet where you can see boats coming and you'll have time to prepare for the wash