PDA

View Full Version : Wanted information on 445 Ally Craft Kakadu Karrier

thegibeno
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Im looking to buy a 445 Allycraft Kakadu Karrier and trying to find out how they handle in a bit of chop and are they a good boat in open water.

TheRealAndy
03-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I was looking at similar boats recently, and one thing i can say is that Ally and the Seajay were definatly the two better quality looking boats that I saw on the market. In saying that, I am no welder or alloy boat buider. The Ally was good my, but I am not sure how well it would handle in the chop. I think they would be ok but as with any open boat you dont want to be spending a large amount of time in choppy seas, so if thats what you want i would be looking at something else.

thelump
04-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I had the poor brother the 445 sioux. Strong and solid. Had it outside in some pretty rough stuff. Never felt unsafe just VERY uncomfortable.And wet.

pursuit001
04-03-2008, 05:16 PM
hi the gibeno mate i have not owned my myself although a mate of mine did we took her over to morten in point seven of a metre it was a wet and ruff ride although it handled it well no broaching side tracking etc you must expect to get wet and bumped around as these boats in this size aint really designed to be used offshore but id say it handled morten bay quiet good for its size and they seem to be pretty well finished and good value .
cheers shane .

thegibeno
04-03-2008, 07:03 PM
hi the gibeno mate i have not owned my myself although a mate of mine did we took her over to morten in point seven of a metre it was a wet and ruff ride although it handled it well no broaching side tracking etc you must expect to get wet and bumped around as these boats in this size aint really designed to be used offshore but id say it handled morten bay quiet good for its size and they seem to be pretty well finished and good value .
cheers shane .

Thanks Shane

I plan on taking it only on a good day off the central coast of NSW to some in close reef and to use in the Hawkesbury river with the family. Cheers thanks for the info