PDA

View Full Version : fishingboat layout

fleety77
03-03-2008, 01:08 PM
guys any pics of the layout of your fishing area in your boat...would be good to see rod positionin, bait board, seats if any?? tackle and storage areas ect ect ect......

onerabbit
03-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey Fleety77,

I think if you want a boat designed purely for fishing, you cant beat heaps of open deck space.

My "Old Girl" tends to drift better sideways, so she is set up to keep one side clear, with extra rod holders on the working side.
Side pockets either side are a great place to store gaffs so they are within reach when you need them.
Under-floor fishbox is a real space saver.
The bait board is mounted on the opposite side for easy reach for everyone.

But this set-up would really frustrate a fisho who likes to anchor up a lot, as one side is hard to fish out of.

Modifications really come down to the individual boat & how you are using it, if you dont have to keep the family happy with "creature comfort" items, I'd start by clearing as much space as you can.

Muzz

fleety77
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
thanks mate as you said looks good for drifting, mate ill want to do all sorts so im putting the bait board on the back, yeah your space looks good, the underfloor fish box is that for live or the dead fish?? mate thanks

Leigh

onerabbit
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I have used it for both, but is primarily a dead fish box.

Muzz

pursuit001
03-03-2008, 05:34 PM
hi mate thats a big esky of fish you have there what type are they.?

onerabbit
04-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey bloke,

the brown ones are Bar cod & are fantastic eating, certainly worth the trouble of fishing in 240 mtrs for.

Muzz