PDA

View Full Version : Galeforce (My New Boat, No Not The Wind)

ON-THE-CHEW
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
On Friday I just picked up my new Galeforce 5.5m. With all of this wind lately I have at least had this to keep me pumped up about fishing and now I have finally got it I cant wait to start testing it out. Picking it up Friday the 29th of February (leap Year) I thought it had to be a good omen.

Just a quick run down, as mentioned it is 5.5 metres, has a 115 Evinrude etec (with new I command gauges), a 70lb Min Kota 24 volt electric motor and finished off with a Humminbird 997c SI combo on a dubier trailer.

Took it for a quick test run on saturday (yes it was windy again) but I had to go out. Went to the brissie river for run, it flies. Thanks to everyone who suggested to go up the the 115hp from the 90hp it goes awesome. The sounder with the side imaging is totally different to looking at a normal sounder but once I get the hang of it I think its going to be a big help to fishing. The electric is a machine, we were going against an outgoing tide and a 20 knot south easterly and still making ground.

Cant wait to take it out for a serious fishing trip. I will put up a few photos so if any one sees me around come over and say Gday. Will have new Ausfish stickers shortly.

Andrew

ON-THE-CHEW
02-03-2008, 09:58 PM
The boat has a double width centre console with a movable back rest, so you could sit backwards if trolling etc. Also has seat on the front which I was very supprised for a centre console you don't get wet. The main seat for the centre console I have also got insulated so it will act as an esky.

In the back corner of the boat is also a fully plumbed live bait tank, doubles as seats.

ON-THE-CHEW
02-03-2008, 10:03 PM
The front deck area has heaps of storage. The live fish well (soon to have removeable centre divider) is huge it is almost the width of the boat. Also hidden under the front casting deck is a fully plumbed deck wash.

The boat also has plenty of storage for rods with a enclosed rod rack on each side and standard rod holders underneath for more storage.

Andrew

Just cant wait and get amongst the fish and test it all out.

STUIE63
03-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Andrew welcome to the galeforce club you will love it. I like the layout of the cast deck hatches looks a bit better than mine .I also see Tony has changed the centre console . just watch you toes on the rod racks beside the console. just needs a set of ausfish stickers and a bit of blood and guts on it .
Stuie

bluefin59
03-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Very nice mate excellent choise of glass boat and plenty of room great stuff i'm sure a bit of blood on the decks isn't far away ....matt

Poseidon
03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Very nice looking boat and hope that it brings you years of joy.

flyfisho
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Nice rig Mate !! I too am a 5.5 owner , and have nothing but praise for these amazing boats . Tony and gail are great to deal with too, except when I told the I wanted a Yammie .... just jokes , maybe a light ribbing . Go the Galey

pursuit001
03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
hi on the chew nice rig ;casting deck looks great. and good choose of motor .is that side storage in the bottom right photo.or a rod storage locker?
cheers shane

ON-THE-CHEW
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Pursuit001,
It is a rod locker, it holds 3 rods per side with no reels or two with reels. Then I have the traditional rod holders under neath. Both sections are 8 foot long.

Andrew

marty+jojo
03-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Mate, what a rig, i love it. The 8 foot rod lockers are awesome, the casting deck is a great set up, not to high like a lot of boats. I bet it is a nice soft riding dry hull too.
What size fuel tank?
Very jealous.
Marty.

nigelr
03-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Absolutely beautiful boat on-the-chew, really good to see a customer who is happy with his purchase, speaks volumes for the builder.
Congratulations, and cheers!

ON-THE-CHEW
03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Marty+jojo,
Yes it is an awesome ride, smooth as, turns on a dime and very dry. The fuel tank is 120 litres, with that and an etec I shouldn't have any problems with running out of fuel.

Nigelr,
Couldn't say a bad word about Tony and Gail, awesome service, when ever I rang up to make a change there was never an issue. Will be getting a few more upgrades in a few months, they will definately get my business.

Andrew

Greg P
03-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Very nice - now get it bloody :P:P

ON-THE-CHEW
04-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Just cant wait to use it, LongTails should be starting up soon and any time the weather is good enough outside for some popping and jigging.

Andrew