PDA

View Full Version : Johndon 100hp questions

muzzytt
02-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi all I am new to boats and have allready had a rough ride in regards to motors thanks to a guy who sold me a boat with a 50hp 70`s johnson that didnt last 1 hr
anyway turfed that engine into the rubbish bin a purchased a 100 hp johnson from a marine dealer in tuncurry got engine with 3 months warranty etc.
yesterday was first day in the water and it was magic plenty of speed and was getting boat on plane very easily. btw its pushing a 4.85mtr Glass runabout.

I want to firstly find a manual for this engine I was told it was a 97 model it has a Gold cover with red and black signage on it.according to my mph/kmh guage on the boat we hit an easy 45 kmh not using full throttle.

my other question is fuel economy as I am new to boats I am not sure whats normal and whats not..
yesterday we launched boat from Hawksbury near the F3 brooklyn bridge...
we went from there down to akuna bay stopped at fishermans beach then came back to our launch site.
I went through nearly 35 litres a rough guess as one tank was not exactly full and the other had 20ltrs.water was a bit choppy too.

does this sound normal or way too much? being my first time I dont know exactly whats the most efficient way of driving boats on plane ? or just at walking pace?

Im still a little apprehensive launching it in busier waters like from ryde
and still not very confident of anchoring he boat ..hence I didnt even bother trying to fish yesterday.

thanks for any input
Muz