PDA

View Full Version : SOBA inc Education Day- 2/03/2008

Poodroo
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Just a quick but late announcement for anyone that may not have anything better to do this SUnday. SOBA inc (Save Our Bay Association) have planned an Education day on Sunday 2/03/2008 where we can chat to anyone at the ramps about the proposed green zones and we will be armed with maps of the proposals as well which can be handed out to anyone interested. I hope that Phill and or Chris don't mind me posting this but I just wanted to make everyone aware of it and if interested in helping on the day just show your interest on here and I am sure we can organize you to meet up with someone at a designated ramp. Hopefully the weather doesn't play havoc too much on the day. There are basically committee members involved but the more the merrier I think.

Regards,

Poodroo

Lucky_Phill
01-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks Andrew.

The boat ramps that people should attend will be at the more sheltered areas. You can even visit people in your boat should you be on the river or out of the wind.

If you don't have a map of the proposed zonings, there is an attachment that can be printed off.

There is also an attached " mini " submission form that can also be printed off and handed out for the fishos to fill in and post off, although I would suggest that you personally send them.

Another attachment is just a bit of info that can be printed for reference.

any questions please ask via my mobile, pm or email

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
01-03-2008, 07:23 AM
submission forms are to be sent to

MBMP Draft Zoning Plan
Environmental Protection Agency
PO BOX 15155
City East QLD 4002

by the 5th march so that they reach the ferets by the 7th.

Phill

Lucky_Phill
01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
more info for you read and use

dnej
01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I have distributed 2500 copies,A4 to bait shops,marinas and the like.If you want to let me know which ramp you are working at ,I can let you know the nearest outlet,so you could pick up some copies,that were printed.
David

PinHead
01-03-2008, 11:34 AM
bloody hell..you blokes don't believe in giving anyone any notice for anything.

dnej
01-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Here is a list of outlets you could pick up some copies from.The each have 60 copies A4 colour.
This is the only way I could get thes distributed in such a short time
David

dnej
01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Letter that went with the copies attached
David

Poodroo
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
bloody hell..you blokes don't believe in giving anyone any notice for anything.

Submissions close Friday 7th March. We do not have the luxury of time on our sides. The request is simple. If you have nothing on then join us. If you have something on then don't. We've all been aware for some time now of when the submissions close so this is basically our last chance to get the final message out to the unsuspecting public.

Poodroo

Poodroo
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Phill give me a call tomorrow. Scalem is heading over toward Carbrook to do his thing over there and I am heading close to you if you were planning to be at Manly. What time will you be there? Will try and organize to meet up if possible.

Poodroo

Lucky_Phill
01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks David, I have printed off lots of the info sheets and have my own NPZ maps, but will collect some from the mentioned tackle outlets.

Andrew, I will head to Manly at the appropriate time... that is if the weather is good, I'll be there at sparrows... if it's not that good, it'll be gentlemans hours.

I may also do another ramp for the afternoon shift, maybe down at Cleveland.

I'll call tomorrow.

Cheers Phill

Poodroo
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Okay Phill. I will be there reasonably early as well I think. Well put in some time with you if you like and then I might head over to the ramp at Lota for a bit of time there also.

Cheers,

Poodroo

dnej
02-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Got some laminated maps into theMoreton Bay Trailer Boat club at Manly .Saw some unsavoury fellas in the car park there.( LOL)

Then off to Wello,and slipped 10 ,maps under wiper blades,of boaties.
Next was Cleveland,and did 15 there,and almost did the EPA car.OOps,took that one off,quickly.
Then to Redland Bay,did the same there to all the trailer park,then the bait shop,who was rapped we called in,He had people calling in to pick up maps,then to the fishing club,who had some sort of a course running.

How did the rest of you go,including the car parking attendants( LOL)
Regards David:

Poodroo
02-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Good stuff Dave. I am glad we didn't bump into the same unsavoury fellas that you did because it would have put a real dampener on our day. ::) I headed staright to Wynnum in the early hours and had just beaten Phill there but as I expected the trailer park was empty bar two trailers. The wind predictions had obviously kept most boats in back yards but still decided to see who turned up. While waiting for Phill a boat came in so I waited for them to get it back up the ramp and started to have a chat. Off to a good start.
Poodroo: "How are you going fellas?" " Are you aware of the plans for Green Zones in Moreton Bay?"
Skipper of boat: "Nah mate, what the hell is that about?" :o
Chatted with them for roughly 15-20mins enlightening them on the fact that whilst they were totally unaware of it they were going to have their favourite fishing spots according to the map taken away from them.
"How can I stop it?" was his next question. So I filled him in and gave him lots of reading material and sent him on his way better informed and willing to have his say prior to 7th. March. From there on there was hardly a boatie to be seen and then Phill turns up. Lots of chatting and waiting and then some boats started coming periodically. We managed to have some good chats with some people but unfortunately the weather was against us and the majority of fishermen and women were anywhere but out in their boats. It was still reasonably productive though and eventually our urge for coffee and tea and a late breakfast got the better of us so we found ourselves at the Wynnum hotel to fulfil our urges. Nice coffee and breakfast (thanks Phill) but very strict dress codes there (that's another story in itself).
Wasn't a total waste of time.

Poodroo

dnej
02-03-2008, 07:05 PM
the same unsavoury fellas that you did because it would have put a real dampener on our day. ::)

Well,those same guys could have come and breakfast with me at the boat club,or on the jetty,but no.
Serves yourself right if you didnt dress correctly in your Sunday go to meeting gear( LOL)
Wonder what the EPA guys were doing at Cleveland.
David

artesian
03-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Poodroo and others, saw the need, but not the solution you came up with.

Good work, and clearly this weekend I should have logged on to the news page. Oh well :-/

Good job, and entirely consistent with what I saw the morning of the rally at P'ba

Scalem
03-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Didn't have the luxury of a breakfast like you guys did, had to squeeze in a visit in between committments, and putting the pajereo up on the jack to check out a strange noise...... But I did manage to speak to a few guys at Carbrook. They were very appreciative of the maps and info... It's amazing how blokes down that neck of the woods still beleive the green zones really don't affect them in this part of the bay, as much as a little further north ... Until they looked at the map. Oh SH!T, I didn't know about that!! Then there was the classic " Blame it on the commercial fisherman" type of response.

Stopped at a new seafood shop at Loganholme which is close to where the old bait bucket used to be on the access road facing the main highway. Again, had not yet sighted the map, said " we buy from commercial guys who harvest from that part of the bay" What an eye opener for them!!!

Scalem

dnej
03-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Scalem,
Well,at least you didnt have to contend with the seedy characters,I saw in the car park at Manly.
Bit scary,so early in the morning( LOL)
David