PDA

View Full Version : gold coast low tide

Chuckmeister
29-02-2008, 05:06 PM
G'day All,

I'm going stir crazy at not being able to get out. I missed out on last weekend's fine weather and thinking about taking the family on the boat for a bit of outdoor adventuring and fishing around some of the Gold Coast canals this week end. The weather is going to be ordinary so I thought it might be calm cruising the canals.

If I were to launch at the ramp off the Southport bridge would I be able to cruise around alright at low tide? Anything I should know about?

Cheers,
Andrew

Jabba_
29-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah mate no problems, heaps of water at low tide in the cannals, just stay on the correct side off the markers....

bluefin59
29-02-2008, 07:17 PM
And keep an eye on your speed there are a lot of 6 knot areas on the river now ...matt

Chuckmeister
29-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks Gents

Chimo
29-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Chuckie

One more thing to note is that your travelling in waters new to you low tide is the way to go as if you do run aground you won't have to wait too long before you can move on.

Getting stuck on a run out can be a pain.

Not sure what size rig you have but sure you will be fine.

Cheers
Chimo

Chuckmeister
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks Chimo,

I've got a 5.6 bowrider. I'm mainly going out to check things out and get the family out for the morning, so I'll be taking it easy and trying not to doing anything stupid. Of course I'll troll a lure or two if I can.

Thanks