PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee Boat Ramp

Kiwijohn
29-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi guys

New to Ausfish and new to boating, got my first boat a month ago.

I have been using Pinkenba boat ramp but used the Nudgee boat ramp for the first time on Sunday. Found it a lot easier and am planning to use it most of the time.

My question is around the mouth of Nudgee Creek. It was getting a bit shallow when we came back in and having walked the dog out there a few times I know it goes out a fair bit more.

Is it ok to enter the channel at low tide?
Do you have to stay really close to the markers?
Any hints?

Thanks for your help

John

63eh
29-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey mate, have never had a problem at low, stay close to the markers, and you should have no problems

Kiwijohn
01-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks mate

Good to know

Keechie
01-03-2008, 10:07 AM
i have fished nudgee tonnes of times and suprisingly i am 14 my dad 51 and i have fished it more than him and he says stick closer to the right hand side i tell you don't do that due to use getting stuck in there last time i have used my knowledge down there and go about at low tide 10 metres from the shore where people fish thats the drop offand no matter how low you will get through if you stick it out and go slow. i hope it helps.

regards,
keechie

tin can marlin
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi guys i'am with keechie i have vast knowledge of this area and you have nailed keechie. Well done matt hope to see you out there one day.
Regards mark

Fish Guts
02-03-2008, 12:29 PM
you havent been looking for bloody cockles have you john.