PDA

View Full Version : Australian TV fishing shows

2iar
27-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondered how you rate the Australian fishing shows that are currently being aired. I realise some of these are re-runs and the list may not be comprehensive, but what do you think of them - what's your favourite and how do you rate them generally?

Good luck,
Mike

Shagga
27-02-2008, 04:57 PM
2iar I prefer the locally produced shows like Creek to Coast as they tend to have local content. Having said that I don't mind ET. If it is fishing I'll watch it anyway.

Blackened
27-02-2008, 05:11 PM
G'day

I don't watch them, but how about Ausfish TV? Hows that for an Idea eh steve;)

Dave

marty+jojo
27-02-2008, 05:21 PM
I will watch any fishing show, as you can often learn about a different location and different fish species. I will even watch Rex Hunt even though i think he is a comlete and utter ####wit.
Marty.

Mac_Attack
27-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Fishing WA is good and ET

Cammy
27-02-2008, 05:56 PM
i usually never watch these shows unless i randomly come accross them, but i do sometimes sit down and watch creek to coast or ET. but it seems that no other fishing shows airs on NORMAL t.v, so it sucks

fivefishes
27-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey,

Most of the TV shows are ok, bit hard to watch a couple of the new guys though like the clown recently who caught a Moses Perch and preceded to tell us all about the wonderful Golden Snapper or Fingermark before us, wonder if he gets Red Bass and Reef Jacks (Mangrove Jack) mixed up, might skip dinner at his place.
If they're going to fish a new area they should at least have a little local knowledge, the real pros like Starling and Bushy at least know their stuff, we can all learn from watching them.

Matt

Al_Macka
27-02-2008, 06:33 PM
ET.. Fishing WA ............ A good look

Rex .... Well now, me think he needs a lead PILL !!!

BaitThrower
27-02-2008, 06:36 PM
The other one most notably missing from the list is "Fishin Trip" on ###### Community channel. It's an ok show. Nothing stellar and made on the cheap, but has some good content now and then.

gobbo1
27-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Fishing WA is the pick of them. Pity there isnt one made in a simmilar style for QLD

Cheers
Mat

seatime
27-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Some of these shows are on a Saturday arvo, WTF, a lot of fishing/boating devotees will be pursuing their pastimes then and unable to view them.
I recently had the producer of one of these shows out for a jetski licence and he agreed the timeslot wasn't convenient for a lot of the fraternity.
IMO a dedicated fishing/boating/camping/outdoors show would be received well without the blatant product endorsements, pity the community station are viewed by so few.

the lobster
27-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I voted for "Other" because I prefer the competition shows like the bream and bass championships.

As far as general fishing shows go I prefer the one with Rob Paxevanos, whatever it's called.

matt

NAGG
27-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll watch em all ..... Though I'm well and truly over Rex!

Too much product endorsement for me ( though I guess you need to pay for the production somehow)

I FISH is my favorite ( banter is great ..... & they dont profess to be gurus)

ET ..... Cant stand someone who laughs when they speak ...... continually

Fishing Northern Aust ( AJ) was good too

Nagg

Simmo2
27-02-2008, 09:28 PM
We went to a bee-cee-eff 'club night' the other arvo. Scott Hillier was the guest speaker.
Must admit he was entertaining and knowledgable.
Did you know he was 10 yrs in the Fisheries!!!
My vote Creek to coast.

Silent
27-02-2008, 09:35 PM
WA fishing show?
Does that show broadcast in SEQ?

Cammy
27-02-2008, 10:15 PM
We went to a bee-cee-eff 'club night' the other arvo. Scott Hillier was the guest speaker.
Must admit he was entertaining and knowledgable.
Did you know he was 10 yrs in the Fisheries!!!
My vote Creek to coast.

That would have been a great night having a guest speaker like him!:o

Cammo

JRBK
28-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Creek to Coast have been the ones i've always tried to watch.
Paul Burt used to do a fishing segment on the channel nine saturday arvo show.
The AFC Series is a good watch.
On Briz 31 there is River to Reef with the Barefoot Fisherman Dave Hodge and Adventure Bound which are good also.
The fishing, techniques, gear etc they use, the facts, details, tips and hints is what i'm looking at. Some of the presenters are ok some are really good and could watch them continually, others i want to watch with the tv on mute.
So long as its got to do with fishing, boating and even camping at times i'll watch it.
Mark..

Nitram
28-02-2008, 07:05 AM
There's one down here in Sydney called Adventure Bound

they have had a couple of ripper Kingfish segments.

Cheers

Marty

Pelagic 660
28-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Creek to Coast gets my pick, shame they can't do a 1 hour segment weeknights as weekends are when we should be out fishing/boating (mowing the lawn) not sitting at home watching others have the fun.
Pelagic 660

Mark Lynch
28-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Yep, AUSTAR

Noelm
28-02-2008, 07:32 AM
OK here goes my whinge for the day (and so early too) first off the newcomers,if that goose Jason Kennedy on fishin trip, say stop the bus, or berkely one more time, I might just throw something at the TV (that is a fishing show that I will turn off) then Dave Buttfield on Hooked (probably up there with the least irratating) but he should learn that "th" is pronounced th and not F as in Things, not Fings, but I can tolerate that, then there is Fishing WA, what a dill that Steve is, better off leaving the Show to his Mate Ryan, at least he does not act like a 6 year old all the time, next we have Rob Paxavanos, he is sort of OK, but tends to Patronise anyone (especially Women) like he is the only person to have ever caught a fish (also tolerable though) I don't even want to start on Rex, what a plonker, always talks down to the crew!! then there was Fish and four Wheels with Eddie Riddle, another good show, with a fair host if only he would stop the wooo hooo hooo hooo thing, and the Australian Champion series, is way too Americanised with hyped up commentary for my liking, that leaves only ET no real agrivating traits, seems to know what he is talking about, and a mildly interesting blend of topics, so there you have my thoughts on our Fishing shows, you know what, bloody lucky I am so perfect huh!!

Foxy4
28-02-2008, 09:46 AM
I try to watch them all seeing as how I can't get out there and do it for real. Might as well watch them do it. But i do rate Creek to Coast on top cause the others are not right up to date. Rexie boy is about 5years older now and Dave 's ;ast one advertised the Australia day fishing do. ET is about the same or older.

Ausfish TV Hmmm. Mighty good idea maybe for Steve and Nugget to get their heads together?

Nic
28-02-2008, 10:33 AM
I quite like Creek To Coast although it beats me why Scott Hillier wants to refer to himself in the third person all the time. Makes me wonder what he's like when he goes grocery shopping:

"Big Scotty Hillier wants a cabbage... Big Scotty is scanning the aisles... Woohoo, there are some good ones -- some cabbages for Big Scotty! SCOTTY HILLIER HAS PURCHASED A CABBAGE!"

Gary Howard reckons he's actually a nice guy though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. :) Plus, I have to (grudgingly) admit that Scott does seem to know what he's talking about.

I agree NAGG, product endorsement in fishing shows can seem a bit blatant at times but I guess it's necessary to pay the bills. Perhaps it's because fishing is such a narrow field of interest that it's hard for the shows to get big non-industry sponsors like some of the other lifestyle programs have?

Red Bull
28-02-2008, 10:59 AM
it beats me why Scott Hillier wants to refer to himself in the third person all the time. Makes me wonder what he's like when he goes grocery shopping:

"Big Scotty Hillier wants a cabbage... Big Scotty is scanning the aisles... Woohoo, there are some good ones -- some cabbages for Big Scotty! SCOTTY HILLIER HAS PURCHASED A CABBAGE!"

I wholeheartedly agree, and it annoys me greatly. Whether he intends it or not, I get the impression he rates himself quite highly because of that '3rd person' way of presenting.

Creek to Coast doesn't have enough fishing content for my liking either. The last few times I've watched it, there has only been one measly 4 minute fishing story in an episode, and then they spend the rest of the time telling you about some flash $2000 portable rechargeable esky or a ridiculously lavish Winnebego that most average Joe fisho's don't want to hear about anyway. ::)

And while I'm at it, I've come to dislike Martin Bowerman and his useless little pieces about some hideous hinterland getaway that is about 100 kms from the frikkin water!

So Escape with ET is my pick, as he at least has more actual fishing content.

Cheers
RB.

Little grey men
28-02-2008, 11:07 AM
ET..
I've always thought a good idea for a fishing show, well at least a few segments at least would be to get a good knowledgable fisho to go fishing with a novice in a place that the novice would choose.( No boats ) It's great to see fish coming out of these amazing locations. But a lot of people will never get there. A segment filmed at some random jetty or beach where an everyday novice fisho would frequent.
Purely for educating people to become better fisherpeople at the places that they fish. From collecting bait through to using plastics and lures.
That would be interesting.

Noelm
28-02-2008, 01:12 PM
geees shame we don't get Creek to Coast, that would be someone else I can whinge about!

Xahn1960
28-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I'll watch almost anything as long as it dosn't have Rex Hunt in it.

Nic
28-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Rexy's focussing on the European market at the moment, or so I've heard. Not a bad idea, really -- it's a massive consumer base. Pity they're so crazy about carp!

NAGG
28-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I quite like Creek To Coast although it beats me why Scott Hillier wants to refer to himself in the third person all the time. Makes me wonder what he's like when he goes grocery shopping:

Gary Howard reckons he's actually a nice guy though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. :) Plus, I have to (grudgingly) admit that Scott does seem to know what he's talking about.

I agree NAGG, product endorsement in fishing shows can seem a bit blatant at times but I guess it's necessary to pay the bills. Perhaps it's because fishing is such a narrow field of interest that it's hard for the shows to get big non-industry sponsors like some of the other lifestyle programs have?

I walked into Big W today & wandered over to the fishing & leisure section ........ nothing really exciting ...... then SHOCK , HORROR ..... I see ET has his own range of Camping gear (WTF ... I think ! What does ET know about camping:-/ ........ where is Mal Douglas when you need him;)

Nagg

tunaticer
28-02-2008, 05:46 PM
If the powers that be would bring back A River Somewhere and create a few new series I would be finding tv interesting again. Creek to Coast is prolly the pick of the bunch atm and ET is marginally ok.

Come on Rob and Tom, Get your fingers out and start producing again.

Jack.

Mike Delisser
28-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeh probably ET, I met him once and he seems like a top guy. I think anything with Bushy or Starlo is great as those two realy know their stuff but they're not on free to air much anymore. Can't cop Adam Royter or Scotty H (could you imagine a 1/2 hour show full of Scotty every Sunday arvo)
Like many I'm not a Rexy fan either but I think we all must admit nobody has done more to educate the Australian public that catch and release is a good thing.
Mike

nigehey
28-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeh, I agree - but I've seen a lot of episodes with Rexxy where the camera cuts away to a break or an ad from actually showing the fish swimming down and away - with a voice over from Rex saying "there she goes"....:-)

steve99
28-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm not that fussed about any of the current crop of TV fishing programs.

In the past, Wildfish with Peter Morse, and A river Somewhere, with Tom and Rob were my favorites.
I dont mind Steve Starling or Bushy. At least they know there stuff. Unlike some of the other clueless bushwackers on tv that rattle on about nothing.

I agree with what Noelm says. I wont repeat thier names but some of the current crop of fishing identities give me the creeps

Lately, the only show I found interesting and worth a look was The Deadliest Catch.

Product endorsement,particulary cheap Chinese made stuff that touted as fantastic really cheeses me off. I dont need some self appointed fishing expert telling me what to buy and from which store - I have that already figured out.

Cheers Steve99

Bubba Gump
28-02-2008, 11:49 PM
When ever I get homesick I just throw on an IFISH DVD and that seems to cure the blues!

chops_rx2
29-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Removed...

snipe
29-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Wildfish and a River Somewhere were and still are standout programs.

I rated Rod Harrison diddling his 'luuurs' and flies across Australia also, even though that wasnt actually a program but his videos were great for the time - especially the odyssey he did with Lefty Kreh in North Oz and PNG

ps Angi the Ranting & Raging Red Bull, your little explosion amused me greatly. Perhaps you and Marty B should go flick some renoskies on the currigee weedbeds together, toetouching in paradise

pps Who remembers the ground breaking 'Go Fish Australia' with John Mellion on the ABC in the early/mid 80's - I still remember the song - 'Noooooo fish is going to call me a failuuuuuuuure, I'm gonna go fish Austraaaaaaaalia, for the one that got away!!!!'

Red Bull
29-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Ahh, Robbie the snipe boy, nice observations there mate. No toetouching in my paradise thanks, and I would be forced into a fit of rage if I had to spend even 5 minutes with Martin B.

I too, remember Go Fish Australia, and that brilliant title song. I wonder if you sing it as poorly as your younger brother? :)

But speaking of Rex Hunt, do you remember that tell-all interview he did a couple of years ago about some affair he'd had? The quote I still get a great chuckle out of, is:

"I'm invincible, I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, ooohhhh how good is this?" Brilliant stuff Rexxy, you tool.

RB

Reel Magic
29-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Could someone give me an idea of days and times when the fishing shows are on nowadays.

I would like to see a show dedicated to camping, 4wd, fishing etc at a prime time family spot with no product endorsments. In the slot on a say Sunday night it would be a sure fire winner and the adverts would pay for it for sure.

Updates with shows please and times?

Cheers Ryan.

nigelr
29-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I'd watch any old re-runs of Malcolm Douglas or Ron Calcutt any day over the present crop, most especially RH.:-X
Cheers!

Oh Gee
01-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Time to put my 2 cents worth in.

Watching C to C as i type this. First off we have a 5 min (give or take) advert for Century Batteries. Now we got another Ad, 5 min for ARB and their camping poop dressed up as a blurb on trailbiking west of Bris. Just then we had Gary Howard with a quick round up of a few differant types of boats you might be looking at with product name closeups prominant in most shots. Now im looking at an add for some massive 8metre wakeboard thing . $120,000 starting price...bulls^!t.. exclusivive from S-Wood marine (Ad). Next is Scott Hillier going on about a DH. I think he means a double hookup but he may mean D___ Head..Oh, its another dressed up Ad.. this time for BCF...yeah ok .. he did give a bit of info on small mouth and large mouth nanigi. And that was the show for today. It wasent even a decent infomercial..it was more of an Advertorial...

What a waste of time, I won't bother watching next week.

g

Nic
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
We just record Creek To Coast and fast-forward to any bits that involve fish... same with Escape With ET. That set-top box was the best purchase we ever made!

tin can marlin
01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
What about et going from yamaha to etec money talks he is getting paid double for waving the etec flag.

reelemin1974
01-03-2008, 10:49 PM
ET ..... Cant stand someone who laughs when they speak ...... continually

Nagg

I couldn't agree more!!

And what species do you think he will chase next????? Gee, I wonder if it will be Barrumundi??

I can't understand why these people don't chase some of the more unregular fish? Cast poppers in Sydney Harbour for Kings, Cast poppers at the GBR for GT's, Live bait for spanish off Gold coast, Lure for MJ's in the GC canals, catch bream on bread crusts off the surface. The list is endless, but no, Trout in the snowies, flatties in port Hacking, Barra in Awonga and Bream In Sydney Harbour.

I know it is more extensive than that, but not much more. Occasionally they go to odd places and fish for odd fish, but generally the same old.

I think, these days, there are a lot more people fishing for a lot more different species using a lot more different techniques. Expanding may have been a risk before as they were hopeing to catch the 'weekend' angler, but sports fishing has opened up a new ares of fishing that was not so prevalent before, and more people are a little bored with the same old.

Mike Delisser
02-03-2008, 07:07 AM
What about et going from yamaha to etec money talks he is getting paid double for waving the etec flag.

I wish I could go from Yamaha to Etec

banshee
02-03-2008, 08:36 AM
I punched in 'other' as I'm hopefull one day someone will come up with a show worth watching.

NAGG
02-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I couldn't agree more!!

And what species do you think he will chase next????? Gee, I wonder if it will be Barrumundi??

I can't understand why these people don't chase some of the more unregular fish? Cast poppers in Sydney Harbour for Kings, Cast poppers at the GBR for GT's, Live bait for spanish off Gold coast, Lure for MJ's in the GC canals, catch bream on bread crusts off the surface. The list is endless, but no, Trout in the snowies, flatties in port Hacking, Barra in Awonga and Bream In Sydney Harbour.

I know it is more extensive than that, but not much more. Occasionally they go to odd places and fish for odd fish, but generally the same old.

I think, these days, there are a lot more people fishing for a lot more different species using a lot more different techniques. Expanding may have been a risk before as they were hopeing to catch the 'weekend' angler, but sports fishing has opened up a new ares of fishing that was not so prevalent before, and more people are a little bored with the same old.

While I'm not a fan of EThahahaha ......... he most definitely has fished a broad range of species & techniques ( more than any other presenter.... IMO)
If you could just watch the actual fishing he has done & turned off the volume ..... It would be great watching ( but the show in General is RUBBISH! .... 5 mins fishing & 20mins of Toyota , Coleman , Big W & now the ET lodge! )
I've gotta say though ..... you do see him out on Port Hacking ( not filming) in his other boats .. fishing for whiting etc .
Yes ... then there is the jump from Yamaha to BRP ......... money does talk ( but I guess if you are BRP .... you need all the promotion you can get!)

This type of sponsorship always leads me into a pet hate ( credibility of fishing journalists .... or lack there of .................. but this deserves a thread on its own!

Nagg

yorty
02-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Ahh, Robbie the snipe boy, nice observations there mate. No toetouching in my paradise thanks, and I would be forced into a fit of rage if I had to spend even 5 minutes with Martin B.

I too, remember Go Fish Australia, and that brilliant title song. I wonder if you sing it as poorly as your younger brother? :)

But speaking of Rex Hunt, do you remember that tell-all interview he did a couple of years ago about some affair he'd had? The quote I still get a great chuckle out of, is:

"I'm invincible, I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, ooohhhh how good is this?" Brilliant stuff Rexxy, you tool.

RB
No fish is going to make me a failure
I'm gonna go fish Australia
For the one that got away
(words to that effect)
My parents have a lot of this show on tape, hosted by John Meillon of crococile dundee fame (walter), great show!

PaulMark
02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
;DThe IFish guys are brilliant,I always watch waiting to see if One of them hooks the other with a lure.They come across as down to earth types,some funny moments always ::) Its obviously made on a budget and good on them.

Tropicaltrout
02-03-2008, 06:59 PM
IFish or ET for me I like the guys on hooked line and sinker too they give me a giggle but creek to coast nup can't stand that fella he might be a nice fella but for me he would need to be gagged to fish with. Imagine what that guys wife gets???:D :D

Give me a Malcom Douglas docco anyday over any of the shows listed!!!

reidy
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
good day all,
Hook line and sinker.
Good for a laugh or two
Cheers
Reidy

Red Bull
03-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Time to put my 2 cents worth in.

Watching C to C as i type this. First off we have a 5 min (give or take) advert for Century Batteries. Now we got another Ad, 5 min for ARB and their camping poop dressed up as a blurb on trailbiking west of Bris. Just then we had Gary Howard with a quick round up of a few differant types of boats you might be looking at with product name closeups prominant in most shots. Now im looking at an add for some massive 8metre wakeboard thing . $120,000 starting price...bulls^!t.. exclusivive from S-Wood marine (Ad). Next is Scott Hillier going on about a DH. I think he means a double hookup but he may mean D___ Head..Oh, its another dressed up Ad.. this time for BCF...yeah ok .. he did give a bit of info on small mouth and large mouth nanigi. And that was the show for today. It wasent even a decent infomercial..it was more of an Advertorial...

What a waste of time, I won't bother watching next week.

g

well said OG, I watched it as well, and was appalled at the brand-heavy info that they presented in the program. Sure, they may be getting sponsorship dollars from some of these companies, but at the moment, it's like an outdoor version of that late night Guthy Renker TV shopping or something at the moment! I mean, C to C had 2 separate segments on Century Batteries, FFS.

I will be tuning out from now on, but my only other choice for Fishing on TV is ET, which, last Sat, was nearly as bad as C 2 C when it comes to brand-specific promotional segments......Toyota, Canon, etc.

Might have to go fishing instead.

Cheers
RB

FNQCairns
04-03-2008, 11:34 AM
You know when ET first started it was not anywhere near as bad as it became, I dislike them all as fishing shows but will kill time watching them with my brain switched off, as said above Malcolm Douglas is a real fishing show but I have seen them all more times than I can remember.

Actually Rob pax???? gets a few different fish onboard over half an hour without too much fluff.

cheers fnq

Ricardo
04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I don't mind the fishing W.A. boys at least you get to see mostly fishing without all the sponsor rubbish. Rex Hunt would have to be one of the most anoying blokes on T.V., his show went downhill after Steve Starling & Bushy left :(

NAGG
04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
You know when ET first started it was not anywhere near as bad as it became, I dislike them all as fishing shows but will kill time watching them with my brain switched off, as said above Malcolm Douglas is a real fishing show but I have seen them all more times than I can remember.

Actually Rob pax???? gets a few different fish onboard over half an hour without too much fluff.

cheers fnq

FNQ .... How many shows start off OK ... & once they prove successful - the sponsorship $ start to flow ( & there goes half the show)
Hey even old Mal ... started to push product ( Engel , Trailcraft , Halco) ..... where in the past ... there was the odd mention of " His favorite Daiwa reel" ........ but hey his shows are still great to watch:P

Nagg

Noelm
05-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Ricardo, you must be joking, no sponsor stuff on Fishing WA??? what about the never ending full side on shots and reference to the Outboard? every minute a cutaway to the Frazer Craft or whatever the brand the Boat is, the Penn hats and Shirts (even in the night time segments, that silly boofhead Steve has his hat on backwards so you can see the names on it) the endless mind numbing refering to Fireline and such and such jigs and lures, not to mention his agravating WA accent where he uses geeaarr and fishes over heearrr, as I said way back, thank God I am so perfect so I can pass judgement on others!

Bluefin475
05-03-2008, 09:00 AM
My fav would have to be IFish hands down..Paul and Lee are great to watch and quite clearly know wat they are talking about...best thing is they do all types of fishing from bait to plastics and bream to marlin those boys have it covered.

fish-n-dive
05-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I voted other. I think Hook, Line and Sinker. It is really entertaining. Featuring two guys (Nick Duigan and Andrew Hart) who dont pretend to know everything about fishing but capture all the fun of fishing as they tour around the country, fishing all the hotspots - not always catching, but always coming back with something entertaining! :laola:

Jeremy87
05-03-2008, 05:51 PM
They are normally on on weekends so i'm either working or fishing so i don't get to see them, what a shame. I prefer journals/mags, i'm subscribed to modern fishing i think it's probably got the best content quality of any of the glossy mags and while it still has a high proportion of adds they're positioned in such a way the doesn't subtract from the magazine. for example the current issue has a story about mangrove jacks and at the end of the story gamakatsu recommends a couple of hooks you would use for jacks without invading the actual article itself. The best thing about magazines aswell is if you aren't interested in adds you can turn the page.

FNQCairns
08-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Watched Rob pax?? this arvo, he was fishing somewhere in Tasmania (North east???), was a really good show lots of fish very minor advertorial, some laughs and kidding around and they did it all from a modest boat with modest gear - doesn't get much better IMO.

cheers fnq

steve99
08-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Watched Rob pax?? this arvo, he was fishing somewhere in Tasmania (North east???), was a really good show lots of fish very minor advertorial, some laughs and kidding around and they did it all from a modest boat with modest gear - doesn't get much better IMO.

cheers fnq

What was he catching? A few rat yellowtail kings

Steve99

Longshot
09-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Flicking around tonight landed on a fishing show at around 2030 with some guy catching huge YT/Kings of Jervis bay NSW, well I think thats where it was. Good show did it all himself and no ads.

JawstheOriginal
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I would like some of these shows to have more content for the bank angler, not just the boaties.
Also, their boat knowledge is often ridiculous. Was watching some twit woman carrying on about how women will love the design of some boat but blokes will like the power of it.

???
Most women I know who own boats don't buy it because it comes in pink.

Anyway, I just love watching fishing shows if I can't be out amongst it. I used to like an English fishing show that was called, if I recall correctly.."Hooked on Fishing".
Was tremendous. All these little lakes and trout fishing and such.

davo
10-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Don't really go for Creek to Coast. Everytime I look at the old ones on VHS I realise how poor the news ones are. I call it zero content TV, that Scott Hillier likes to hear his own name far too much. The Wildfish series kills them hands down.

BarraBandit
11-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I love IFISH... I have met Paul and he is a great guy... I have also been on Rob Paxevanox's show and it was ok... Still i love IFISH all the way. :)

FNQCairns
11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
What was he catching? A few rat yellowtail kings

Steve99

Sorry late reply have not rechecked the tread, Yes rat kings tuna barracutta/cuda and a couple others I forget what now, short term memory must be playing up, they also brained a couple of nice bream with a change of boat and place. It just so happened that the warmer northern current was impacting the cooler southern current where they were fishing.

cheers fnq

Wantok
12-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I Fish returns on Sunday 27th April at midday on Channel Ten.

Wantok

BarraBandit
12-03-2008, 02:03 PM
I Fish returns on Sunday 27th April at midday on Channel Ten.

Wantok

Thanks,

I follow them alot so i knew but its great for others to know. Tune In!:D

rockfisho
13-03-2008, 09:23 PM
i hate ET's show, He spends far more time talking about where he stayed and what he used, and what will be on the next show rather than fishing. I Fish all the way.

rockfisho

BarraBandit
18-03-2008, 04:02 PM
i hate ET's show, He spends far more time talking about where he stayed and what he used, and what will be on the next show rather than fishing. I Fish all the way.

rockfisho

Go rockfisho! ;D

Scooter123
19-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks for your support Simmo

Scotty Hillier

reidy
20-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry late reply have not rechecked the tread, Yes rat kings tuna barracutta/cuda and a couple others I forget what now, short term memory must be playing up, they also brained a couple of nice bream with a change of boat and place. It just so happened that the warmer northern current was impacting the cooler southern current where they were fishing.

cheers fnq
Good day,
the East Australian current pushes down Tassies East coast every summer,this brings the tuna,makos and stripped marlin down over the warmer months.For this reason (convergance of warm and cooler water) places like the Tasman Pen. hold large numbers of Bluefin and the likes whilst the two currents meet.
Cheers
Reidy

adds31
24-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Fishing WA is on foxtell. Shows full on fishing entire episode. Dave butfield is on fox as well. both pretty good shows.

Cheers Adds...

woodsy76
28-03-2008, 05:57 PM
If They Catch Fish I Watch Not That Fussy. Woodsy

blackdog1
29-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Has anyone seen The Fishing DVD that sells in the news agents. It is put together by John Haenke that filmed ET shows for a long time as well as the Wild Fish series with Peter Morse and all of Harro's old stuff. Check it out, it is loaded with info and great destination stories!

http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/

blackdog1
29-03-2008, 08:29 AM
http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/

Outsider1
29-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Is there somewhere that a program guide is produced regularly for fishing shows on Free To Air and Cable TV stations?. I miss most of them cause I never know when they are on!:P

Cheers

Dave

Nic
02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I recommend just going to a site like www.yourtv.com.au/guide and doing a search for the word 'fish'. Just be sure to uncheck the non sports/lifestyle channels first or you'll get a lot of false matches.

BARRAkid
04-04-2008, 07:57 PM
i like Ifish and AFC i get pi$$ed off with the people on alot of other shows i think they go over board expecially the berkley movie with the fella out of afc (who got disqualified for not wearing a life jacket) and that okuma fella (cant remember there names cause i dont like to watch them)
cheers BK

SNAPPAFLICKA
05-04-2008, 08:45 PM
i like adventurebound on briz 31 saturday nights at 8.30. Good fishing no crap cheers snappaflicka

Breambuster33
10-04-2008, 10:04 PM
You just cant be escape with et.....
couta routa show

russ81
13-04-2008, 03:08 AM
hows it going guys

i have to say IFISH is my favorite i am currently in Afghanistan and the only fishing i have for the coming months is season 1&2 of IFISH 52 episodes of fishing adventure

Russ

Keechie
13-04-2008, 07:28 AM
i just love watching ifish for my b'day last year i got season 1 and for easter this year i got season 2 i hope more come out because i love'em.

regards,
keechie