PDA

View Full Version : Express Zepher

Jock The Rock
25-02-2008, 08:21 PM
hey fellas

i was just lookin at some boats on the internet and i came across this one.

http://www.deeganmarine.com.au/used-boats.html#nogo (its the red one)

i dont have that kind of money but i was just interested in them. i tried typin it into google to find out a bit about them but couldnt find anything

does anyone know anything about them?

(one day ill get a boat like that :) hopefully)

thanks

nigelr
26-02-2008, 06:05 AM
G'day Jock welcome to Ausfish.
Yeah, nice hull mate.
Pretty sure Express no longer exist.
Still see the odd example of their work for sale 2nd hand tho', I'm a fan also.
Think they were made somewhere in NSW but stand to be corrected, hopefully.
Cheers.

Chimo
26-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Hey Jock

The Express as was used to be built in Brisbane.

They were a good soft riding tinny with no welds as they are clipped together. The system gave a very true, quiet and soft running hull. Also have a good paint job.

The one you referred to looks to be well overpriced but would be good for the right price.

They moved offshore to Fiji in about 2000 and make longboats for sale in the islands but have also recently started selling in Aust.

Photo is the upmarket version longboat, there is a podless version without paint and tee top for less $s too. Never seen them in the flesh or ridden in them but should be OK based on what they used to build.

Cheers
Chimo

Jock The Rock
26-02-2008, 03:58 PM
thanks

yeh i thought it was a bit pricey specially with an engine with that amount of hours and no auxillary

im not sayin the engine would be no good (dw i been readin the other threads bout how 2-strokes last for ages coz of the bearings and so on)

am i allowed to ask how much u reckon its worth?

thanks

nigelr
27-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Yeah Jock, you can ask just about anything mate! Whether you'll get an answer is another thing tho..................;D
To buy something similar new, about 30g.
So 15g if she's in very good nick would have to be reasonable, given the motor was checked by an independent marine mechanic and found to be A1, with no mechanical liabilities.
Really depends what you want to pay, and what the dealer will accept. Not a bad looking set-up though, but the health of the motor would be my major concern.
Have a look at this one on trading post.
The 75 is a bit small for bar crossing work IMHO, I'd want to put a 115 on her.
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/iteminfo/adnumber_WM2693234772_cat_Power+Boats_loc_locRZSQr egtAVSCdistRZSQAVSCstateRZSQ9AVSCregRZSQ_off_17_se ct_Marine_sort_otRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQSearchDisplayPrior ityIndAVSCotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQFirstPublished_sqt_1_st pg_1_subs_Power_

Cheers.

Chimo
27-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi again Jock

PMs sent yesterday

Hi Nigelr,

the one that you put the link up for was rated to take 90HP only and as they dont make them in this form in Aust anymore it could be difficult to get it up rated to 115 although when bought new you could get them factory upgraded to put a slightly bigger motor on.

Cheers
Chimo

Jock The Rock
27-02-2008, 08:24 AM
thanks for ur help i might see if i can get a chance to take a look at it. i know the 4.8mtr one has been on that website for a fair while so the dealer may go down hopefully

thanks again

Jock The Rock
27-02-2008, 04:34 PM
theyve updated the website and that boat must have been sold a while ago coz its not there anymore

anyway :( another one will pop up some other time i guess

thanks for all ur help fellas greatly appreciated