PDA

View Full Version : Help Please Kevlacat Towing a biscut

deco1100
25-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey all ive been a long time reader/Lurker on this site and i've finally got a question.

Has anybody towed a biscut behind there kevlacat I can't figure where to brace the bridal as im scared its not high enough to clear the motor cowlings :-[ if i was to use the two mooring points on the stern...

I ve been told i can install a poll but mmmmmm not sure about drilling the deck ??

Please any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Cheers Mick

dfox
25-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Mick, you may have to use the rear bollards (as long as there strong and well mounted). Ive had to tow a few vessels behind my cat and we tied off on both bollards to evenly distribute the wieght. If you run enough rope out from each before attaching the tow line the engines most likely wont be an issue, on hard corners you will lose tension on one side at a time, but then KC's arent noted for there cornering ...foxy

deco1100
25-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Foxy thanks for ya reply man was starting to think i wasnt gonna get any. Ive had a look with a normal ski bridal set on mine and just attached to the rear bollards and im sure if turn turn anymore than 15-20 degress its just gonna rip the cowling straight off which i really dont want to do...

Ive searched the net for 3 hrs and come up with basiclly nothing so im at a total lost at what to do..

Simmo2
25-02-2008, 11:06 PM
First off you'll need a welder....
Nah!
Mate try making up a bridle with two lengths of plastic pipe over the rope.
Fix the ski rope between the two bits and the pull push pressure should keep things away from the motor? (just a thought?!)

Noelm
26-02-2008, 07:27 AM
I have seen a setup that used a really heavy length of rope that had an eye spliced in either end so that it was very tight across the two Bollards, it then had another eye in the centre, the tow rope was tied off to that, so in effect, you are towing from the centre, not too sure how it would work on your particular setup, as it was on another brand of Cat.