PDA

View Full Version : most lures you have lost in a day?

breamnut
25-02-2008, 06:32 PM
this one is mainly for nugg as he loves giving his jap lures to cod,jack and trevally.
but can anyone else match him wat ever his score is;D

Champilly
25-02-2008, 06:58 PM
About a 100 odd - Had all my gear stolen a few years ago.

Lucky it was all the cheap stuff.......

jez and suze
25-02-2008, 07:07 PM
had a really good lure losing sesh last year with the spotties.....between me and dad we got rid of about 10 in about 30minutes.......crap line and throwing too far into the packs was the reason.....lesson learnt!

Horse
25-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Many moons ago I tagged along with Skipjack and headed up to the Whitsundays to meet up with his parents who were off cruising. We found a magic spot between two of the outer islands (Solway Pass?) and we proceeded to lose my entire lure collection as well as what everyone else had. We had a spot where we got a hit almost every pass with a dropoff of 30 'to 70' in a passage filled with sharks and big Macs and GT's

I skull dragged the only fish we caught which was a 30lb + Spaniard minus his propeller to the boat. It was the wildest session I have ever had but we would have lost a fortune in gear

Cheers

Neil

manchild
25-02-2008, 07:37 PM
just this weekend .I lost 8 lures in cobby -cobby ,trolling .One was in a metre plus flatheads mouth

NAGG
25-02-2008, 09:28 PM
During a trip to Lord Howe Island (1994) ..... I lost every lure I owned over a 3 day period ( Kona heads, door knobs , jetheads & CD Rapalas) mostly to Wahoo ..... snipping the line at the sampo swivel:( ...... or trailing lure during a hook up!

i think the count would have been ( from memory) 15-20 trolling lures ... & 10 rapalas ....... say $1200-$1400 worth if you take into consideration the rigging:'(

Nagg

PS ,,,,, Now i'm depressed!

Steve B
25-02-2008, 09:31 PM
A mate of mine was trolling a 5 skirted lure spread for marlin off the Gold coast ($200 a lure) when a school of wahoo massacred the whole lot in 10 sec!! I believe they almost landed one!! thats one expensive minute of their fishing career!!

steve99
25-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Many years ago, I lost 6 or 7 Rapala CD18,s and Storm Big Macs. All bitten off at the swivel by wahoo
Despite fishing the same location for many years ,It only happened once - luckily!!

nuggstar
25-02-2008, 11:46 PM
hehe yer good one nathan, 8 jap hard bodys in one day is the worst iv ever done . but since i been using this new leader i have not lost one lure but iv come dam close, so close i had to go swiming as im so broke from loosing all them lure in the past i cant afford to loose any more

McCod
26-02-2008, 12:26 AM
My best to date is 7 hard bodies to Monster Barra in about 5 hrs @ Faust dam in 2003 and thats not counting what my fishing partner lost:-/

Hardb8
26-02-2008, 12:33 PM
6 Mask Vibs in a session.Lost to Bass and to snags.

I don't mind gettin beaten by fish,But HATE losing to snags.>:(

Shagga
26-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Never lost a lure to a fish, not that lucky, but have lost plenty on snags and trees.

Why-ting
26-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Ive done a few lures my last few trips around the bay Is shallows. Ive lost 13 or 14 surface and shallow cranks in the last 2 trips aswell as my mates getting smoked a bit. Tailor at times taking 3 lures in 3 casts. Some monster bream swimming around with some new jewelery too

Been having alot of fun but with lures 20-35 bucks a pop it puts a bit of a dampner on it when you look in your box at the end of the sess.

Little grey men
26-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Two in one session is my top score, feeling pretty good about that after reading some responses:o

My last lure lost was a spinnerbait way out west, the thing didn't even reach the water. Went for a long cast to get in beside a group of weeds poking out of the water and wrapped the line over a dead tree branch about ten ft up in the middle of the river. The thing circled around the branch and wrapped itself tight.
At least it provided some entertainment for my brother...heard him quietly chuckling down the bank a bit.
Probably be stuck on that branch for the next hundred years, sparkling and shining in the sunlight:-/

breamnut
26-02-2008, 04:10 PM
haha some great stories there and some even greater losses;D:P
most i have done is $180 worth of bassday,jackall and luckey craft to the monster bream in port maqurie oyster racks during a comp in november:-[
lost another $60 more the next day after upgrading the tackle.
lost a few lures to snags.
also ive lost over $50 of jigheads to tailor during winter last year. thats a $hit load of heads!
was worth the fishing though! and we only had 6lb leader!

breamnut
26-02-2008, 04:11 PM
hehe yer good one nathan, 8 jap hard bodys in one day is the worst iv ever done . but since i been using this new leader i have not lost one lure but iv come dam close, so close i had to go swiming as im so broke from loosing all them lure in the past i cant afford to loose any more
thought you would like it!;D;)

Jeremy87
26-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Had a bass session in the canoe that cost between the 2 of us 4-5 plugs and probably just under 10 surface fizzers/poppers. A couple of mackeral and tuna sessions we've all but run out of slugs, thats 20-30 each with 3 or 4 people in the boat, had that happen a few times. I make my own slugs now. Gawd wouldn't it have been nice to have that happen this summer.

BR65
26-02-2008, 05:03 PM
2 jackals and 2 spinnerbaits to snags in an arvo session land based at North Pine, 4 gaddens 10+ classics in a day at Monduran to some snag lovin barra

BobbyJ123
27-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Only lost 2 to barra and 3 to mackerel. Was at Copeton dam years ago, so I walked along the shoreline casting to various snags and found 27 assorted lures, mainly boomerangs and oargees.