PDA

View Full Version : Trailer repairs T'ville

Stolly
25-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I got pulled over by Dpt Transport and issued a repair notice to get my brakes working again and a roadworthy. Can anybody recommend somewhere to take it to in Townsville?

Regards
Matthew

Mark Lynch
26-02-2008, 06:29 AM
Gday Matt
I dont know any where in townsville for the said trailer repairs, sorry to hear about the cops !!!:( I am in a similar situ, before i get pulled over i need new springs fitted and other minor work done to my tandem trailer in Mackay

Any good , reasonable priced repair people in Mackay?

Cheers

Lynchy

STUIE63
26-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Stolly I don't know myself but if you give bob at B & M outboards a ring if he doesn't do trailers he will know who does.
Stuie

levinge
26-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Try Eclipse Trailers and Tinting. Short of that, give any one of the Boat yards a call and they will have a preferred repairer that they use..

Shanoss
26-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Yep, Eclipse is the way to go. Had heaps of work done on my old trailer there and they do good prices for cash.. The old bloke that runs it and his son are good down to earth types that wont try and take you for a ride.

Shanoss
26-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Stolly, whereabouts did they pull you over? did they have all there gear with 'em or was it just a cursory check?

Shane

Stolly
26-02-2008, 05:44 PM
They pulled me over on dalyrmple road before christmas but i am a bit slow getting it repaired. They had the shaker etc for the cars but they picked me up for not tying the boat down and then went over brakes etc..In my opinion the 18ft haines wasn't going to move off the trailer between Kirwan and the boat ramp but apparently it is compulsory to tie it down?

Shanoss
26-02-2008, 07:02 PM
They pulled me over on dalyrmple road before christmas but i am a bit slow getting it repaired. They had the shaker etc for the cars but they picked me up for not tying the boat down and then went over brakes etc..In my opinion the 18ft haines wasn't going to move off the trailer between Kirwan and the boat ramp but apparently it is compulsory to tie it down?

Crikey! If its compulsory to tie it down then i'd reckon about 90% of the people that tow boats around townsville would be in the Sh*t.

Stolly
26-02-2008, 08:42 PM
They made me get the anchor rope out and tie down the boat with it. 50m of anchor rope was a pain to be wrapping over the boat. I will give eclipse a call tomorrow. I was looking at a brass or stainless brake setup because i already know that i will spend $500 - $1000 getting mine fixed only to rust up after a few trips to the ramp.

matmuller85
27-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Gday Guys,
Tyreplus townsville in sturt st does all the trailer repairs except for major chassis repair using all good quailty australian made products. Beware of imported products as they do not last long and do fall apart. If you have any questions give me a call at the shop on 0747215599 or 0408394269.

Cheers
Matt Muller