PDA

View Full Version : flywheel on Yamaha please some advise.

nowornever
24-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Bought a boat it has 90 yamaha on it I have been problem solving some of the issues with the motor.

Last trip I noticed the flywheel moves up and down like as its spring loaded, is this normal? Or does this mean crank problems? There is no movment side ways only up and down and its like its spring loaded.

Your imput is appreciated.

FNQCairns
24-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Suspect there will be a little play up and down, the spring loaded feeling will be a result of the combined weight of the crank and rods you are also lifting and a little to do with the magnets also.

How come you found this out? were you just sticky beaking and came across it (as you do) or did something lead you there.

cheers fnq

BM
24-02-2008, 09:00 PM
How much endfloat are we talking? Sounds like there is a problem to me.

nowornever
25-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Its about 2.5 mil i found it just cause ive been problem solving motor issues.......

other problem when in newtral water comes out of top of leg............wont idle but power band is very good heaps of power.

Noelm
26-02-2008, 08:00 AM
hhmm 2.5mm might be OK and within spec (maybe), can you be a tad more specific when you say "in Neutral water comes out the top of the leg"?? we may be able to sort something out from there.