PDA

View Full Version : Furuno Sounder Courses

Bonus
21-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know of any Sounder courses. I have a Furuno 585. I am sure other members would be interested in knowing as well. Thanks Russ

marco
21-02-2008, 05:20 PM
i would give bill corten a call , he does it for a living . details in bush n beach .

finding_time
21-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Bonus

What are you having problems with? Alot of us on here run 585's and 620's and if you ask someone will be able to help! This could turn into a very good thread actually!

Ian

outsiderskip
21-02-2008, 07:04 PM
just ask questions
and 585 club will answer
pete

Bonus
21-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, I have the 2 sets of notes - one from Ausfish and the other from Fishon Marine. I have sent these notes to several members and hopefully they have found them helpful. I do not have a problem following the notes which are too large to post here and have practiced them in Demo Mode - manual, at home. There are some wonderful colours of fish and bottom soundings but knowing how to pick different kinds of fish and bottom types is not covered by the manual or notes completely and I am sure that there is a lot more than the notes cover as well. Can anyone explain colours or shapes of things like weed,sand, gravel and rock bottoms and some of the different fish colours? I think it is all too complicated to discuss here and maybe someone from Ausfish should start a course and make a $ out of it Russ

finding_time
21-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Russ

Most of us have photo's of our sounder on differant structures and fish and i think you'll be suprised what you'll learn but nothing beats time on the water and running your unit and fishing the shows and seeing what you catch. I'm going through someshots atm!

Ian

DAVE_S
21-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Bonus
i would be keen to get a copy of the notes that you have .
i have not changed the colour settings on mine and pearl perch show up as light blue .
still learning also

Bonus
21-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Dave_s, pm me your email address and I will send both sets of notes to you . Finding_time - look forward to seeing the pics

Russ

finding_time
21-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Well that sucks, 1 hour spent typing and loading photo's and i didn't realize the net was down, i hate adsl!!!!! Rargh!!!

Try again tomorrow night!

Ian

Smithy
22-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I can offer on water practical help for you. I am surprised nobody has made use of that arm of my business. www.sqcs.com.au (http://www.sqcs.com.au)

seatime
22-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I'd be giving Smithy a call before anyone else http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon14.gif

cheers

Steve

Stuie
22-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Yep Smithy has probably spent more time on the water with the 585 than most. If you are around the Sunny or Gold Coast go for a day trip with him and concentrate on the sounder and bottom/fish shows rather than fishing all day. Quick drops on shows to see what types of fish are showing and maybe some trolling as you move around different bottom structure.

Bonus
23-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Back again, I went fishing at Mooloolaba river and caught some elbow slappers. I was hoping finding_time might point myself and others in the right direction. I know what it feels like to load and type a heap of info and loose it because of a lost connection to the net. I am being inundated by people wanting the tuning notes, but I cant seem to shrink them so that I can post them on Ausfish. They are over a MB and I keep running out of download. Smithy what is your contact number? Russ

SneakyPete
23-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Bonus
Thanks heaps for sending the notes through, I am only new to Ausfish and getting this info is very much appreciated.
Cheers

SP

Smithy
23-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Try me on 0407 574 868 Tuesday maybe if this weather holds. Same as on my banner below.

Bonus
24-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Finding_time, Are you still swearing?
Russ