PDA

View Full Version : Renovation sale

kitty_cat
20-02-2008, 05:10 PM
springwood marine are undergoing major changes to the showroom and will be renovating the chandlery section over the next few weeks
as a result they will be discounting the fishing gear and trailer accessiores
there is mainly top end good brands in the fishing gear so now is the time to buy the gear you wanted for the right price.

speak to rob and mention this and you are from ausfish and watch the dollars come off

MY-TopEnder
20-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Fishing gear? what fishing gear... there's maybe a 10th of what you guys used to have there now :-P

kitty_cat
22-02-2008, 06:38 AM
doest matter how much is there its what we have as i said top end gear tiagras stellers tacrom 1000 diawa electric reel we will leave the crap to the others
but the reel point is if a expensive reel and rod has been what your after its worth coming but be quick we sold heaps yesterday

BaitThrower
22-02-2008, 07:14 AM
The only thing I am reminded of at Springwood Marine is getting slugged $13 each for some standard NGK spark plugs. I admit the ones I were after were hard to find elsewhere and maybe they are not commonly distributed and might have been ordered in, but price still seemed very high when other standard NGK spark plus go for about $3.99 each elsewhere??

happy to be informed of why the high price... maybe because what I mentioned above? Which is fine if this is the case.

finding_time
22-02-2008, 07:35 AM
What a classic!!! Old Kitty Cat get on to tell everyone about a sale and straight up we get 2 people having a whinge!! Next time Wayne just pm. me the details i wont complain if i'm the only one who knows there a specials to be had!!!

Ian

kitty_cat
22-02-2008, 08:15 AM
tell me about it ian so much for just letting people know they can get something fishing for a good buy you just get wankers spoiling it thats the internet i sopose my mum always told me if you dont have something constructive to say then shut up,
and bait thrower tell me were you can buy any marine grade plug for 3.99 try out the direct injection ones anything from $60.00 each so $13 bucks dont seem so bad now

BaitThrower
22-02-2008, 08:48 AM
tell me about it ian so much for just letting people know they can get something fishing for a good buy you just get wankers spoiling it thats the internet i sopose my mum always told me if you dont have something constructive to say then shut up,
and bait thrower tell me were you can buy any marine grade plug for 3.99 try out the direct injection ones anything from $60.00 each so $13 bucks dont seem so bad now

Mate, the NGK plug I got from you guys is the same grade (standard) as the ones at Supercheap auto for $3.99??

The ones you have behind the counter there aren't the Marine grade, they are the standard NGK auto plugs (yellow/red box)??? What am I missing? I wasnt having a whinge mate, I just asking what the difference is and why the higher price? And if you are going to call your customers wankers, well thats just not good business. I am asking a legitimate question.

kitty_cat
22-02-2008, 10:18 AM
bait thrower do some research mate all ngk plugs come in yellow / red box regardless weather its a lawnmower plug or outboard but the prices are different for diferent aplications and if you are buying $3.99 super cheap plugs they are not the recommended plug for your outboard.have you got the model plug for $3.99 and your outboard size and model so i can check what you are buying is correct (hows that for service)
buy the way again this is about helping people save money not your problems not tring to start a fight mate but you have picked the wrong thread to mention this problem.

BaitThrower
22-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Fair enough mate. No problem. As mentioned, just checking as I know there are those new platinum and iridium plugs from NGK in diff colour boxes etc.

What is a BP6HS plug for my '83 Suzuki 5Hp worth?

Cheech
22-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Mate, the NGK plug I got from you guys is the same grade (standard) as the ones at Supercheap auto for $3.99??

The ones you have behind the counter there aren't the Marine grade, they are the standard NGK auto plugs (yellow/red box)??? What am I missing? I wasnt having a whinge mate, I just asking what the difference is and why the higher price? And if you are going to call your customers wankers, well thats just not good business. I am asking a legitimate question.

If you were only asking, then why didn't you ask at time of purchase or any time at all between time of purchase and now?

I agree, it is a real shame when threads get hijacked.

BaitThrower
22-02-2008, 11:32 AM
If you were only asking, then why didn't you ask at time of purchase or any time at all between time of purchase and now?

I agree, it is a real shame when threads get hijacked.

Ok forget i ever said anything. This will only go around in circles. :P I'll resign myself from the thread...

BTW, did you know Springwood Marine is having a renovation sale? (back on topic) ;)

mod5
22-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I just did a Australian Google search for 'NGK BP6HS' just out of curiosity to see what these things do sell for and guess what ................. the Google Bots have already picked it up and it gave a return to this page.

Now everyone who is looking for this particular plug has the potential to read this.

FNQCairns
22-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I just did a Australian Google search for 'NGK BP6HS' just out of curiosity to see what these things do sell for and guess what ................. the Google Bots have already picked it up and it gave a return to this page.

Now everyone who is looking for this particular plug has the potential to read this.

So how much?:) or did you get stuck in a loop!....;D

cheers fnq

mod5
22-02-2008, 12:25 PM
So how much?:) or did you get stuck in a loop!....;D

cheers fnq

My purpose in posting was to bring to peoples attention how things can get out of hand, posts get deleted, people get banned from the site and Ausfish gets threatened with legal action.

It's so easy to be a keyboard cowboy and not be aware of the consequences.

croangler
22-02-2008, 02:04 PM
ok, sorry guys but i dont care about NGK plugs on this thread

so when is the sale on? Thanks for informing us about it.
regards

FNQCairns
22-02-2008, 02:14 PM
My purpose in posting was to bring to peoples attention how things can get out of hand, posts get deleted, people get banned from the site and Ausfish gets threatened with legal action.

It's so easy to be a keyboard cowboy and not be aware of the consequences.

Yeah I know, but considered the thought of a mod stuck in an Ausfish- Google-Ausfish-Google-Ausfish loop like that at least a little humorous if not somewhat dry:-[.

cheers fnq

kitty_cat
22-02-2008, 03:10 PM
the sale is on now

MY-TopEnder
22-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Hey Wayne, sorry if it came across like i was saying you guys are no good... i was just having a sarcastic joke about not having the range you guys used to.

What you guys do have there is all high end gear, at good prices and if thats what you're after then get in there guys.

I was having a look around there a little while ago (ran into you out the front) but I was looking for a little Luvius 1003...

Anyway you guys are mercury dealers now correct?

Sea-Dog
22-02-2008, 06:32 PM
some other internet listings for the "offending" plug

http://www.golfcarcountry.com/browse.cfm/4,675.htm
http://www.shopping.com/xPC-Ngk_Marine_Spark_Plugs_Bp6hs_10
http://store.scootertronics.com/nkgsparkplug.html
http://onlineauto.com.au/product.php?printable=Y&productid=16214&js=n
http://stores.ebay.com.au/WHITTLESEY-CAR-CARE

Prices varied between $2.65 AU to $9.99 US