PDA

View Full Version : scoot for loot

wadeo
20-02-2008, 12:52 AM
challenge for every cat or mono or tri hull owner. Race to banks on weekend of 1st to 3rd of march.kevlar cat, noosa cat, coastal cat,powercat, SHARKCAT,TIN CAN CAT time to put up or shut up with your hulls. 20 bucks payable by every loser to winner. Sharkcat backed to win by rather large margin. this will be the time to measure all cats equally in the same sea's. dont be sooks i'm in with an old sharkcat youv'e all got more expensive boats than me bring it on.
rsvp ausfish during the week

regards wadeo

wags on the water
20-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Wadeo, would this only be fair if all vessels had the same engine?

Wags

Blackened
20-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Wadeo, would this only be fair if all vessels had the same engine?

Wags

G'day

Mike, technically yes, but by the way some of the guys run with the mines better than yours attitude, they refer to their own hull/engine combo.

It's fair

I await the results

Dave

Ps. It'll probably be a glassout day and some smartarse will win with a hovercraft

Noelm
20-02-2008, 07:53 AM
I will fly up and be the Camera Boat, reckon it would be a great idea, it will never get off the ground of course and would not be any real indicator of performance, but still great fun and a great time to have a BBQ and get together to tell a few lies and tall stories.

glennoceanic
20-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Hey Wade,
Might be a good time for me to swap the 150's to your 200's while she is sittting next door to your boat for this challenge! Sounds like a good plan to test the rigs out. You guys come up with this at about 1.00 am eh. Its amazing what good things come out of a bit of piss up! Go the sharkys

finding_time
20-02-2008, 08:19 AM
First let me say that it's the Little ships game fishing comp that weekend so i'll not be attending, but boy would i have like to run up against a certain e-tec owner if the wind was over 15knots! I wonder how much can hardware can fall off a boat!;)

Also because there's a comp on that weekend it's bound to be blowin at least 20knts ( why would this comp be any differant to all the rest this year):( :( Nice idea to set a date though as the weather is a lottery if it's below 15knts the mono's will win above THAT they wont show up!;D Also as this is a fishing site you should make the comp a race to the banks catch a certain number and type of fish per species then a race back!!! First back with there proscribed fish filleted and bagged and boat back on the trailer wins ( a few will loose putting there boats back on the trailer from what i've seen lately at ramps)

Anyway back to real life, It will never happen to many insurance issues and i'll be suprised if this thread isn't locked as ausfish wouldn't be seen to sanction the event!

Fish Guts
20-02-2008, 08:57 AM
why would you waste your fuel. you dont have to prove anything if you have a noosa cat.

Noelm
20-02-2008, 09:10 AM
gees fish guts, that hurt!

FNQCairns
20-02-2008, 09:48 AM
The engine size doesn't matter much the hull length and type will if it's over 15kn with a bit of swell thrown in. Not something that can be organised there days without lots of paperwork.

I would like to see a marshaled fuel economy run over a distance like that, all boats sitting on a competent offshore cruise speed for the conditions then the tanks refilled upon return.

cheers fnq

Fish Guts
20-02-2008, 10:46 AM
are you going to put floaties on your rebel cat noelm

Noelm
20-02-2008, 10:52 AM
yep, and a pair of new motors, one Etec and one Suzuki, just so as I fit in with the crowd! (might even put a third Yamaha in the middle)

Noelm
20-02-2008, 10:54 AM
hhmm I left out Honda, I may have to put twins on each side! one of each. (and floaties)

rocksberg6
20-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Hey Noelm don't forget if you do that you'll have to put a Stabicraft under one hull and a polycraft under the other!;D

You can count me in Wadeo!;D But can you organise a fuel tanker to fill up the 454 so i can get back home?:-/ ;D

Noelm
20-02-2008, 12:07 PM
hhmm you got me thinkin' now, we could sell those Polystabiyamerchondasuzi2str4strk maybe, might be a bit hard to fitout, but at least everyone will be a bit happy.

rocksberg6
20-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Everybody but the etec boys!;D i think i just heard DBL fall of his barstool!;D

wadeo
20-02-2008, 03:03 PM
What a classic. I've laughed with every post on this thread so far and yes we were quite drunk last night when we started this thread. Its good to see a thread with humour instead of taking the piss out of each other. Of coarse this would never get off the ground and was only intended for a good laugh. To make it fair maybe everyone should go in reverse. Another idea could be a hand line classic on the banks for a m&g no rods allowed.hehe

regards Wadeo;D

finding_time
20-02-2008, 03:20 PM
wadeo

Hand lines hey? Well that just decided the winner? Dbl is miles infront he's got the e-tec , the streamlined stabi ( no windscreen)that goes to the Banks in 20knots all the time and he's an expert with the 100lb handline.

Could DBL just pm me his bank details and i'll transfer $20 straight away!!

Ian

rocksberg6
21-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Don't think we will hear from dbl Ian. He's in the naughty corner with Flatty assassin!:-/

Maybe we will see a new member called "Deadflat-loserassassin";D ;D

I hope so i miss their posts!

Noelm
21-02-2008, 09:31 AM
ooooh don't remember any naughty post, must have missed that one, darn! and a handline only "classic" would be good, then maybe an Alvey classic, and last but not least for all the "can't do without one"brigade a Stella classic, be intersting to see how many fish where caught in each outing huh?

finding_time
27-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Well the L.S.G.F.C comp has been cancelled so who's up for the scoot!!!! Could be a little lumpy but i'm in!!;) ;D ;D ;D

Greg P
27-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Ian - make sure you go with the wind or you wont get anywhere with your top speed :P:P:P:P;D;D;D;D8-)