PDA

View Full Version : Ally welder - Southside?

MY-TopEnder
19-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Putting my ausfish stickers on the hull today i noticed there is a crack about 45mm long where a thwart has been repaired.

The crack is about 30mm above the waterline, so with a bit of slop it could leak.

Does anyone know of an ally welder on the southside that i could buy a carton of booze for to fix this small crack?

Sandman
19-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Mate probally a bunch of people, however shano a member of this site maybe worth dropping a line to.
Mick

wags on the water
19-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I think finga may also be able to help you out. If you take it to an alloy welding place you may pay up to $180/hour. They'll add preparation of the alloy into the equation as well as the welding time.

Cheers,

Wags

finding_time
19-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Agree with sandman, Shano has done some welding for me and it was a top job!!

Ian

MY-TopEnder
19-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Prep work isn't a problem... I work for an abrasives company.

I'll shoot Shano a PM.

Thanks for the help guys.

PWCDad
20-02-2008, 07:40 AM
My top-ender,

Can you recommend a linisher belt brand for my bench grinder linisher for aluminium prep/refinish .....

... and a belt type for prepping my Kempe TIG electrodes ... I'm getting contamination grinding the electrodes with old belts .

Outlet on northside that carries them, if possible ???

Also ... I wanna pay for quality ...I've had so many new belts break lately that I have to dress up like a knight in armour for when they fail at speed.

I usually just wear my full face mask and leather welding jacket ...

TIA

PWCDad